Trying to learn about sims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

495060 wrote:

I just want to understand how its possible. I saw this ad/product on the mp
and I just want those that know to explain to me how its possible to get/have a sim for this price. What really is going on?

Short answer: it's impossible.

Long answer: Looks like that seller has stacked up huge dome-shaped skyboxes one above another like bunk beds. The skybox/domes have a walking area as big as a full sim, but the renter only has access to a fraction of the possible prims.

I don't understand how they can make the claim "total privacy."

Parcel Privacy operates vertically, not horizontally.

Also, if you stack SIM size boxes one on top of the other, who gets to control Media?

I could probably think of a few other things like who gets to control parcel (SIM) access, etc?

And 1,000 prims is not a lot if you are trying to decorate a 256 sqm area.  It could be done but really would take great care to do.

But there must be people who like this living arrangement because this type of set up exists all over Mainland.

The ones I checked out looked fairly nice with sculpty or mesh terrain and landscaping but a relatively small area you could actually build on, with a security orb one could live out their second life as a hermit.  I can see the appeal for someone that wants a medium sized house in a secluded looking surrounding, but if your priorities are prims and useable build area you'll do better with a mainland or private estate parcel.

the best way of course is to ask ask ask 

never are there too many quesitons for an estate agent

if you dont like the answer or dont feel right  then you can tp  out and look somewhere else

look in the forums for answers like you did and of course the SL web page is full of information and do not discount friends.

there are a lot of reputable estates in SL that are REAL businesses so take your time and ask tons of questions :)

GOOD LUCK

Perrie Juran wrote:

they probably have some sort of relayed orb system that provides a 256x256x64m bubble and autobans everyone who's not on the access list without warning time.

jwenting wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

they probably have some sort of relayed orb system that provides a 256x256x64m bubble and autobans everyone who's not on the access list without warning time.

I guess part of it would be how you define "total."

If my neighbors, meaning those living below or above me, can still perv cam me, then I wouldn't consider it "total." 

But that's just my opinion.

Perrie Juran wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I guess part of it would be how you define "total."

If my neighbors, meaning those living below or above me, can still perv cam me, then I wouldn't consider it "total." 

But that's just my opinion.

true, but the only way to prevent that is to own the complete region outright (from LL, not some rental agency, as their estate managers can get in despite any orbs), then set up an orb with full sim reach.

That's the only way to prevent people tp'ing in above the eject limits of the orb (and even then, not sure if you can tp in on a region at >5000m which is the upper limit at which an orb can eject).

And of course make sure you delete the sample names from the orb access/admin lists, which tend to be those of the orb creator.

Gollum Arabello wrote:

The media and general Sim settigs are the biggest issues. because as each renter has access to the same 256*256 parcel the control over media and general settings remains with the landlord.... so if you want to have your own media, your own prvacy settings, such a place wouldnt be ok for you .

Actually this is possible using a shared media based media player or even simple media on a prim.  Many of these kinds of rentals have this set up.  Its also very easy to set up yourself,  You can actually wear a prim set up to play shared media so that the sound doesn't fade out as you move away from the source. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.