Teach me how to live it up..

Aerith Felicci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been on second life for about 3 years now, can you believe in that timeframe i was not able to make one friend?

im shy, usually quiet, and always to myself, but now i feel its time to break out of my shell.

im looking for a friend who is able to not only talk to me in conversation but teach me how to live free in second life.

someone able to help me improve my lifestyle and take pictures with.

(currently working on building up my flickr page)

tell me what you are into, im looking forward to meeting some potiental friends.

That is hard to believe. In three years, you should have received some random friend requests. OK, how to live it up in SL:

1) Wear elf ears.

2) Dance on the bar at Lar's.

3) Swim naked at Las Islas.

4) Make love to a beautiful stranger on special days.

5) Go to popular clubs.

6) Shoot zombies.

I think that pretty much covers it.

The timeframe and your wording suggest that you have in fact tried, perhaps often, but were unsuccessful; perhaps it'd be easier, then, to tell us how exactly have you been trying so far, so we can propose things a bit differently.

I'll tell you, though, that while 'opening up a bit' is probably a good idea, you don't want to make radical changes... you said you're shy, quiet and reserved; that doesn't change into 'the soul of the party' overnight... it just doesn't, and the more you try, the less you'll be 'yourself'... which is never a good idea.

yes im natually shy, usually when people comes along i'd poof. things can change like you said ren i won't be the "soul of the party" overnight, but in time i can be with the right friends.

I'm not looking to make an extreme radical change. just looking for friends that will let me be me, while changing my lifestyle some. how i been trying to make friends so far? i havn't,  talking to people has never been a strong point of mine, and those who wish to engage has usually been ignored. 

but im looking to change all that.

I wouldn't feel too bad about not having a lot of friends, especially if you know that you are shy. I have been here 7 - 8 years and I don't have very many real friends for that length of time.

For me it is quality over quantity when it comes to friends anyway.

The way that seems to work for finding friends (in SL and RL) is that you do the things that make you happy and then try to find other people that share the same interest.

What is it that you do for fun for those years?

Come see me in world and we can hang out...

I build some things - furniture, houses, whatever I want to try and I start and run businesses. I have a land rental company now.

See you inworld..

Lat

well, i used to build. mainly my own house designs. i got into modeling, graduated and started to do a few print photos

its still hard to find work so i have a lot of free time now. I like to listen to music so i usually find a nice quiet spot to sit and do that, i never engaged in a "family" setting and i window shop alot, so im always on the move.

currently im looking for a job in world. but with the SL economy the way that it is..finding a job may take a little longer than i'd expected.

and i'd think i will take you up on that visit. =)

Aerith Felicci wrote:

I been on second life for about 3 years now, can you believe in that timeframe i was not able to make one friend?

im shy, usually quiet, and always to myself, but now i feel its time to break out of my shell.

im looking for a friend who is able to not only talk to me in conversation but teach me how to live free in second life.

someone able to help me improve my lifestyle and take pictures with.

(currently working on building up my flickr page)

tell me what you are into, im looking forward to meeting some potiental friends.

Hiya Aerith (love the name, and glad your last name is not Thayer ;-),

If you're hungry on a Sunday morning (8 SLT), attend one of Hippie's breakfasts. They're hosted by someone new each week and are are attended by a fair number of forumites. You might make a friend there, if not bacon. They're a ravenous bunch. Look up Hippie Bowman's profile, he's got a breakfast group.

And you might shift the focus of your profile from seeking modeling employment to something more inviting to others. List some of your interests!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in SL sense 2006. Over the years i have found it difficult to make any lasting friendships. I guess it just doesnt click with some people so i just hide in my house all the time. Well im forcing myself out there and trying to talk to more people. I would love to add you. maybe my experiance could be of some help to you. I love photography and blogging so it could be a lot of fun to have another person for my pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new in sl and I'm looking for people to hang out with. I like exploring and meeting people and when I interact I like roleplaying my avatar, I mean using /me for actions, separating in character things from out of character. Anyway, inbox me if you are interested in hanging out, I still have a lot of things to learn in sl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.