Where is my Feed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was just sitting at a pretty location testing out different windlight settings (using Singularity Viewer) and thought, "I think I'll try to post a photo to my feed."  I have no earthly idea just where my feed is exactly, except that it should be on the my.secondlife.com/czari.zenovka page. (Or so Torley L. said when I couldn't find it and tried to research it before this post.)

Reaaaaaallllly stupid question...ummmm...where is my feed? lol  I just see my profile info from inworld, but nothing resembling a "feed" nor the photo I took (twice) that seems to have uploaded from the message in world.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

*Slinks off quietly*

So I was just sitting at a pretty location testing out different windlight settings (using Singularity Viewer) and thought, "I think I'll try to post a photo to my feed."  I have no earthly idea just where my feed is exactly, except that it should be on the my.secondlife.com/czari.zenovka page. (Or so Torley L. said when I couldn't find it and tried to research it before this post.)

Reaaaaaallllly stupid question...ummmm...where is my feed? lol  I just see my profile info from inworld, but nothing resembling a "feed" nor the photo I took (twice) that seems to have uploaded from the message in world.

*Slinks off quietly*

If you are using web based profiles you should see a tab for it unless you set the privacy setting not to show it.  Check mysecondlife.com to see if you see it there.  If not go into settings and privacy and set it so that everybody, second life or friends can see it.  Its probably set for nobody now.

If you are using the traditional format profile, on firestorm you would see your web profile under the web tab.  Not sure about Singularity since I don't use it,but I'd look there.

• Like 1

THANK YOU, Amethyst!!!  Jumping Smiley.gif

Yep, I had feed turned to "Nobody" - in my Privacy Settings.  Guess that would kind of not make me able to see my own feed. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:  Thanks to you I "found" my feed, along with both the photos I took of the same shot.  Fortunately I saw that I could delete one!!!

Woot!!!

Melita Magic wrote:

/isn't even sure what a Feed is.

Well once in a great while someone posts on mine and I click and read that but I don't know how to get there otherwise. If I don't use things I don't tend to notice them. That makes sense if you think about it sideways. Lol

Made perfect sense to me. *Grins*  I know what a feed is but I don't like them in general - falls under the category of way too much info hitting me in the face.  The one time I glanced at the feed (somewhere in my.secondlife.com), the chat looked like the Wild, Wild West version of the forums so that is probably when I checked that nobody could see my feed (which included me as I found out...lol).

Awhile back a friend of mine began posting photos to her feed, then another friend posted a photo that included me to his feed which is what made a little "ping" go off in my head last night as I was sitting in the moonlight in a pretty location and thought, "Hmmmm, I wonder how to do this."  Not sure if I'll do it again or become a photo-posting kinda gal, but, thanks to Amethyst, I at least know how to get to my own feed now.  That was embarrassing!!!!!

So, we have our individual 'feeds' and those are like tributaries going into the big stream (or cesspool it sounds like) of 'the SL feeds' in total?

Can one keep one's 'feed' private or friends only or turn it off? (Just wondering.)

Does anything posted on one's feed show up in the SL feeds?

Do the forum topics show up in the SL feeds?

It sounds awful to me and I'm not sure I understand their purpose.

Melita Magic wrote:

So, we have our individual 'feeds' and those are like tributaries going into the big stream (or cesspool it sounds like) of 'the SL feeds' in total?

Can one keep one's 'feed' private or friends only or turn it off? (Just wondering.)

Does anything posted on one's feed show up in the SL feeds?

Do the forum topics show up in the SL feeds?

It sounds awful to me and I'm not sure I understand their purpose.

I'm not into feeds as I was saying, but I wanted to try the post a photo thing.  You can turn the feed completely off by setting it to "Nobody" but if you want to post to your feed you can select just friends (which seems to be people on one's friend's list in world that got imported to the feed), or to SL which I assume means basically "anyone."  Very Facebookish, which I detest and refuse to use; but I was in one of those "I wonder how this works" moods.  It's kind of passed now. ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*Slinks off quietly*

I just noticed this thread, Czari. By now you've found your feed, but you'll still need to figure out how open you want it to be, and how to use it. Mine is open to "Second Life" but I rarely post to it. Anyone you've muted in-world will not be able to post to your feed. I think that's the only fine-grained control you have, otherwise you are limited to:

• Everyone (read only)
  • Second Life
  • Friends
  • Nobody

By default, you will be folllowing everybody in your friend's list. That may result in your home page being filled by massive streams of photographs. There are some proflic shutterbugs on my friend's list. You'll probably discover the same thing. You can elect not to see photographs by selecting "Posts" in the upper right of your home window.

You can follow people not on your friends list by clicking the follow button when viewing their posts. You usually find people not on your friends list by noting their names (which are links) in your friend's threads. You can get directly to someone's home page by typing their name in the address bar, after https://my.secondlife.com/.

Your Inbox will keep track of new posts to threads in which you've posted, as well as direct messages. There's a little orange counter that will appear next to the Inbox menu title when you have unchecked messages. You'll want to keep on top of the messages and notifications tabs of that window, or you'll forever have that orange count in your window. You see only 15 notifications at a time, so if you have more than 15 in your count, you'll have to click "More" at the bottom of the notifications page to clear them out.

I avoid the feed home page by setting a browser bookmark to an existing feed thread, which will present me with a log-in screen if I'm not already logged in. The feeds can be filled with drama, but a few of us have been enjoying a music sharing thread for well over a year. We crossed 5000 posts last night and had a tiny in-world party to celebrate.

The feeds are a quirky thing and I'm sure you'll scratch your head, or pull out some more of that lovely red hair as you go. I'd be happy to confuse you further with my own incomplete understanding of how it all works!

As with any tool, whether or what you build with it is up to you.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*Slinks off quietly*

I just noticed this thread, Czari. By now you've found your feed, but you'll still need to figure out how open you want it to be, and how to use it. Mine is open to "Second Life" but I rarely post to it. Anyone you've muted in-world will not be able to post to your feed. I think that's the only fine-grained control you have, otherwise you are limited to:
  • Everyone (read only)
  • Second Life
  • Friends
  • Nobody

By default, you will be folllowing everybody in your friend's list. That may result in your home page being filled by massive streams of photographs. There are some proflic shutterbugs on my friend's list. You'll probably discover the same thing. You can elect not to see photographs by selecting "Posts" in the upper right of your home window.

You can follow people not on your friends list by clicking the follow button when viewing their posts. You usually find people not on your friends list by noting their names (which are links) in your friend's threads. You can get directly to someone's home page by typing their name in the address bar, after

Your Inbox will keep track of new posts to threads in which you've posted, as well as direct messages. There's a little orange counter that will appear next to the Inbox menu title when you have unchecked messages. You'll want to keep on top of the messages and notifications tabs of that window, or you'll forever have that orange count in your window. You see only 15 notifications at a time, so if you have more than 15 in your count, you'll have to click "More" at the bottom of the notifications page to clear them out.

I avoid the feed home page by setting a browser bookmark to an existing feed thread, which will present me with a log-in screen if I'm not already logged in. The feeds can be filled with drama, but a few of us have been enjoying a music sharing thread for well over a year. We crossed 5000 posts last night and had a tiny in-world party to celebrate.

The feeds are a quirky thing and I'm sure you'll scratch your head, or pull out some more of that lovely red hair as you go. I'd be happy to confuse you further with my own incomplete understanding of how it all works!

As with any tool, whether or what you build with it is up to you.

Oh I had all that in place the day I first saw the feeds and went screaming out into the streets...lol.  That's apparently why I initilly couldn't find my feed since I had it set to "Nobody" and didn't know (at first) where to find that again to unset it.  I have mine set to Friends and I only follow a couple of people in the feeds so my feed is nice and tidy. :)

@Melita - Did you locate yours yet? 

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I have mine set to Friends and I only follow a couple of people in the feeds so my feed is nice and tidy.
:)

You might want to mute Maddy. She was rubbing her hands together gleefully this morning when she found your first feed post. That maniacal laugh of hers really gets on my nerves.

If you don't mute her for your own sake, do it for mine?

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I have mine set to Friends and I only follow a couple of people in the feeds so my feed is nice and tidy.
:)

You might want to mute Maddy. She was rubbing her hands together gleefully this morning when she found your first feed post. That maniacal laugh of hers really gets on my nerves.

If you don't mute her for your own sake, do it for mine?

So noted ;)

*Hands Snugs a fiver for the heads up*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.