REZZED object stuck in wall

KayKendall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone,

I recently rezzed a purchase in my Linden Home and it somehow is now "attached" to the wall. I cannot get it to open a menu when I click on it and I don't know how to Take It back or delete it. Anyone had this happen before? I don't want the added prim count of this object on my wall...lol. Help!

Problem Solved!

First of all I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to help me with my problem, you're all TERRIFIC!

I ended up using the camera control to look at the object from the side. I could not click on it without moving it out of view because my AVI kept moving too. I changed the setting in preferences to "no action on single click" and Voilla! I was able to select it and take it from the wall!

Thanks again everyone!

Kay

REZ_001.jpg

Nice work, Kay!

;-)

If you can see it, you should be able to select it. It looks like the lower right corner of the thing hangs past the edge of the wall, so if you're having difficulty grabbing it elsewhere, try clicking there. If that doesn't work, make sure you've got "Select by Surrounding" checked in the Build->Options menu, then open the build window and drag around the box. That should select it. Once it's highlighted, you should be able to "Take" it back by right clicking it.

Good luck!

KayKendall wrote:

Thanks! Have no Idea how this happene:o  Anyway, tried the corner edge, no luck. Select by Surrounding is checked. It highlights the fireplace, walls etc. but not the box.

Hmmm.

You couldn't come to us with an easy problem?

Select by surrounding shouldn't select anything that's not completely enclosed inside the selection rectangle. You might try restarting the viewer.

Anybody else got an idea?

Have you tried disabling the camera setting which prevents the camera from going into objects and then actually moving into the wall itself to right-click on it? It sounds as if, although you can apparently see it sticking proud of the wall, that is an optical effect and it is in fact just beneath the surface of the wall. If you accidentally embedd an object right inside another this is often the only way you will get to it if you cannot move the other object up out of the way.

Hi Kay! I've had a rather similar problem long ago, although it was an emitter which is easier to locate using Beacons. But since your object does seem to be scripted, please have a look at the thread I started at that time, and especially at Ceera Murakami's answer. The tips she gave should be working for you. :smileyhappy: (at least, I hope so!)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Everything-Else/How-do-I-retrieve-an-object-buried-under-my-house/qaq-p/880237

First of all I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to help me with my problem, you're all TERRIFIC!

I ended up using the camera control to look at the object from the side. I could not click on it without moving it out of view because my AVI kept moving too. I changed the setting in preferences to "no action on single click" and Voilla! I was able to select it and take it from the wall!

Thanks again everyone!

Kay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.