Not delivering clothes inworld store

Vagos Melson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My gf bought some clothes from a store inworld.
Clothes not delivered.
She contact the seller, but no reply. Again and again.
She contact the Linden team , anf they say that they can do nothing and just keep contact the seller ..... 

What if the seller not login ever again in game ???? 

So, someone takes real money in a game, because of a script not delivering the items, and game operators can not do anything ??????????????

Longer answer....

There are a number of variables here that those of us who have been in SL a long time have learned over the years but newer residents may not be aware of as yet:

*Many merchants have info within their profiles - usually in the Picks section - of how they prefer to be contacted:  some want IMs as they can be sent to email and even if the merchant is not in world they are notified and, in many cases, can respond via a SL text viewer; others prefer notecards.  Some merchants post what to do in case of a non-delivery error.  These can be caused by scripted vendor systems that may hiccup once in awhile.

*If the store has a free group to join, I would join it.  You can see the last time the merchant logged in as well as when they are online as well as sending a group IM to ask if others have had this issue.

*How long did your gf wait from her first contact (IM or notecard?) to the seller before sending another?  I note to my customers that I will respond within 48 hours. (It's usually within hours but I give myself 2 days for RL issues that may arise.)  Most merchants are not in SL 24/7.  If your gf contacted the merchant multiple times within, let's say an hour, that could annoy a merchant who may be working on new creations or doing a multitude of other things.

*While there are scammers in SL, most do not have in world stores and even if they do, if they are purposefully scamming people, they generally pull up stakes, create an alt, and start over.  The majority of merchants want to provide good customer service.

*Ummmm...in SL we don't have "game operators." ;)

Its has been over a week from the time she bought the clothes.

But, let me put it in another way.

It is a game. Someone spends some real money in here, and the game steals the money. 

If Lindens can not do anything to protect people from a non-working-delivering-script , it is that simple for me. 

I wouldn't make speedy conclusions on that matter. An LSL vending script (and I wrote a few) has no control over delivery it simply calls llGiveInventory() method, the rest is to the server. The script cannot verify if a delivery was indeed made. The server treats delivery basically the same as an IM with the only difference that a message payload is not text but an object. There are scores of reasons why such an IM could be lost, the most commong being that a user logs off while the IM is being delivered. So it may be just a freak accident.

That the seller does not respond is another matter. Prolly should send a notecard and wait a few days. Not everyone is in SL 24/7 and people do go on vacations and business trips.

Vagos Melson wrote:

My gf bought some clothes from a store inworld.

Clothes not delivered.

She contact the seller, but no reply. Again and again.

She contact the Linden team , anf they say that they can do nothing and just keep contact the seller ..... 

What if the seller not login ever again in game ???? 

So, someone takes real money in a game, because of a script not delivering the items, and game operators can not do anything ??????????????

How long time has passed since she contacted the seller and how did she contact the seller?

Check Czaris advices above and perhaps it is so simple the seller is on a RL holiday without internet connection or even wanting to connect to internet while on holiday? I don't know about the U.S. but I suspect it is the same as in Europe, i.e. holiday season.

I know myself I had once an angry customer that had a misunderstanding when purchasing an item from me from the marketplace. After trying to get in touch without instant response from me he added a really bad review about my crappy customer support when I was in fact on a 5 weeks RL trip “down under” without any possibility or even desire to connect to Second Life.

Things like this can happen and the seller may be unable to respond without trying to "take your money".

A lot of merchants have redelivery terminals in their stores so that customers can get an item they purchased redelivered if they are not online. Tell your girlfriend to go back to the store and look for one. Usually in the entrance area. Good luck!

Vagos Melson wrote:

Its has been over a week from the time she bought the clothes.

But, let me put it in another way.

It is a game. Someone spends some real money in here, and the game steals the money. 

If Lindens can not do anything to protect people from a non-working-delivering-script , it is that simple for me. 

The "game" vs "virtual world" designation has been bandied about the forums for years, but since you mentioned it again, I'm in the "virtual world" camp because, as opposed to MMORPGs that have levels, quests, most have an indication of what to do when intially entering, etc. - SL has none of those - it is the virtual representation of life - you choose what you want to do.  There are games "within" SL, but SL itself is not a game. ;)

I know that sometimes scripts not working for various reasons. But, i guess , sellers know that also, 

If a seller can not provide support because he is on holidays , why he does not close the store for that period ??

I buy something now, they charge me now, and i want the item i bought now, or at least soon.

It has happened to me many times (i am not that new in sl), but i got support in one day and i got the item i bought .....

For some reasons that i do not care, the delivery_script did not work while the payment_script did work well..... It is not my business if the one script calls the llGiveInventory while the other not..... Do i have to wait the seller for 5 weeks of no-desire-to-connect-to-Second-Life ? Are you kidding me ? 

But, 

my question is not Where-is-the-seller-for-holidays......

I asked , why Lindens not support and protect people  ......

This thing (game or not, i do not care how you call it), got some real money. Why they do not do something ???? 
What if the seller not come back never again ? What if the seller come back after 5 weeks ??? I do not want the item then ...... 

(redeliver terminal could be a good solution, but no, there is not)

of course not .....

When i login, i login in Second Life, not in Residents' e-commerce shop .....

Credit card does not say Residents name in statment 

I am always in Second Life ... If LL not protect people who will ??????

Someone loses Ls and money and LL can not support ???????

Vagos Melson wrote:

I know that sometimes scripts not working for various reasons. But, i guess , sellers know that also, 

If a seller can not provide support because he is on holidays , why he does not close the store for that period ??

I buy something now, they charge me now, and i want the item i bought now, or at least soon.

It has happened to me many times (i am not that new in sl), but i got support in one day and i got the item i bought .....

For some reasons that i do not care, the delivery_script did not work while the payment_script did work well..... It is not my business if the one script calls the
llGiveInventory while the other not..... 
Do i have to wait the seller for 5 weeks of no-
desire-to-connect-to-Second-Life ? Are you kidding me ? 

But, 

my question is not Where-is-the-seller-for-holidays......

I asked , why Lindens not support and protect people  ......

This thing (game or not, i do not care how you call it), got some real money. Why they do not do something ???? 

What if the seller not come back never again ? What if the seller come back after 5 weeks ??? I do not want the item then ...... 

(redeliver terminal could be a good solution, but no, there is not)

They have done something about it... they made you accept the TOS before you could log in.  A TOS that pretty much absolves them of the responsibilities with which you have asserted they should be burdened.  In case you haven't already noticed, LL doesn't really have a user oriented attitude when it comes to customer service... this is something we all must come to terms with at some point.

...Dres

Vagos Melson wrote:

... also, if a delivery_script fails because of a server error, whose fault is it ???????

We may not like it, we may not agree with it, we may think it is wrong, but the fact is that in the TOS we agreed to it stated that LL is not responsible for things going wrong with the Service.

"Likewise, you agree that in the event of data loss, we will not be liable for any purported damage or harm arising therefrom. Linden Lab owns the bits and bytes of electronic data stored on its Servers, and accordingly will not be liable for any deletion, corruption or data loss that occurs in connection with the Service. Linden Lab will solely determine any disposition of the electronic data stored on its Servers and will have no obligation to reproduce, process, transfer, extract or recreate any data from its Servers."

"Linden Lab does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the Linden Software, the Websites, the Servers, or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on Linden Lab's failure to provide any of the foregoing other than as explicitly provided in this Agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and to that extent, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you."

okkkkkk

That explains all ......

Thank you ..... 

It also replies my own question im ny first reply, that i can make a fake shop, comment the // llGiveInventory in vendor script , sell nothing and LL wont do anything !!! Great !!!! LoL

Vagos Melson wrote:

okkkkkk

That explains all ......

Thank you ..... 

It also replies my own question im ny first reply, that i can make a fake shop, comment the // 
llGiveInventory in vendor script , sell nothing and LL wont do anything !!! Great !!!! LoL

Only if you're intent on being a deceptive idiot... if that is truly your agenda, then please, by all means, give it a shot.

...Dres

Actually LL would do something if you did that, because you are setting up a store with empty vendors, which shows intent to con.

Im sure the store your g/f brought clothes from did not intend the vendor not to deliver. As for closing the store while they are possibly on vacation, they still have tier to pay on there land, stored closed means no income.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.