wow these spam bots are getting deeper..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

see what happens to a person on the weekends that works 3rd shift and everyone else but bots are sleeping?

hehehehe

...makes you a cup of camomile tea (I won't drink that stuff) and shuffles you off to bed.

Your work is done (for now), Ms. Spam Blaster.

;-)

hehehe

thank you ..i needed something to calm me from all the slaughtering that had to be done..

*yawns* mmmm time to go dream about fluffy white clouds and cute lil kittens..

=)

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

Go Ceka go!

Oh dear. I fear the camomile tea has done its work, and Ceka is counting kittens. It'll be up to you and me to save the forums from spam, Shelby!

Um... oops, I'm actually going outside to kill ants. Can you fight off the spammers until I return, or until someone at LL notices?

I knew I could count on ya!

;-)

chrismignon McDonnell wrote:

It's a team of moderator if i'm not wrong who own the forum software LL don't moderate forum

I'm not sure where you got that info, but they're still linden lab employees as far as I know. That's what ll has always said anyway.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

they need to let us just AR the bot rather than every single post..

I was asked by one of the mods not too long ago to
not
RIC every spam post, so I report like this:

SPAM, as are all posts by this user ---> sophie8d828df78s- <--- ( 
)

ya the first one i always put the user name in there hoping they will delete them before i got to the rest..but always did the rest because i wasn't sure if they would see the otherones..

but that way sure sounds a lot better  for sure hehehe..

i'lldo that from now on =)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

Go Ceka go!

Oh dear. I fear the camomile tea has done its work, and Ceka is counting kittens. It'll be up to you and me to save the forums from spam, Shelby!

Um... oops, I'm actually going outside to kill ants. Can you fight off the spammers until I return, or until someone at LL notices?

I knew I could count on ya!

;-)

ya i went to sleep right after and woke up well rested..

that was some good tea!! hehehehe

Tari Landar wrote:

It's a team of moderator if i'm not wrong who own the forum software LL don't moderate forum

I'm not sure where you got that info, but they're still linden lab employees as far as I know. That's what ll has always said anyway.

I don't think they are LL employees. Whoever they are, I believe they are 3rd party moderators, although 'moderators' is something of a misnomer, because they don't moderate.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

I don't think they are LL employees. Whoever they are, I believe they are 3rd party moderators, although 'moderators' is something of a misnomer, because they don't moderate.

I know in 2009-ish the forums had one sole linden moderator and he quit. They were supposed to go with a third party moderating team after it, but it fell through. There's an old jira about it, but it's from 2009. One of the meetings with Amanda Linden she said they will be lindens, part of the oru team, but still lindens. I haven't seen anything else about it since. I doubt they'd go with a third party anyway, it would mean having to pay them :P

lemme see if i can find the transcript

Ok this is the transcript, it's long for those who don't want to read, I'll quote the part where I got the linden employee thing from. It's from 2011 but I haven't seen anything about it since. S'pose I should expect they'd still be vague about it, lol.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group/10-Feb-2011

13:25]Amanda Linden:the moderators will be an extension of oru team--LIndens

[13:12]Amanda Linden:we will have moderators in the community platform 7 days a week and will work through the items that are flagged.

I do gotta give them props, because they do remove the spam, even on the weekends when before they rarely ever did. Not ideal, but at least they don't take days and days to remove it anymore. Maybe some slips through a little longer, but that's why we have the ric option.

Sorry not trying to be a smartbutt, or argumentative, lol. I just remembered reading it a while ago and again recently too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.