Don't know what to do. I'm stuck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No need to thank! It's what I see and feel. I know you don't want pity, sharing your story with others with hopes you can allow them to open their eyes to what reality can bring upon any of us. There is always someone worse off than us and always someone with a much less stress filled life, it's what we make from what we have :) I am in touch with my friend, she has RA and MS also Systemic Lupus that has affected her heart and liver. She is a strong willed person and I admire her so much. It is amazing, as you say your friend from IRC can be happy and upbeat, when others who have much in their life can't crack a smile (rl or virtual) and then project that negativity out on people they think they can give such great advice to lol. Obviously there are many great people in both worlds,  just have to surround yourself with them.

When you use those arrows LOL you may look a little noobish at first flying around! But hey, I still have those issues sometimes :) I will be listening for your WA-HOOOO very close and you will feel my smile!

Syo said it soooo well. as in Rl, if you want money you will actually have to work hard for it. if you want easy RL money, sell your computer, buy a gun and rob a bank, the only people in SL that make any kind of money not only build, scipt and design, but also invest huge amounts of time in SL doing.

wiked Anton wrote:

Syo said it soooo well. as in Rl, if you want money you will actually have to work hard for it. if you want easy RL money, sell your computer, buy a gun and rob a bank, the only people in SL that make any kind of money not only build, scipt and design, but also invest huge amounts of time in SL doing.

Actually, here in the U.S., robbing a bank is not as profitable as it used to be.

With the ubiquity of debit cards, people don't carry as much cash as they used to, hence the banks don't need to keep as much cash on hand.  Most people would be very surprised to learn how little cash most branches do have on hand.

A jewelry store could be more profitable and doesn't automatically involve the FBI.  After all, they always get their man.  Or is that the Mounties that do that?

Disclaimer:  Actually I would not encourage any of the above activities.

IvanMaximus wrote:

1. Second life is not a game? Then i see 3D graphics for the first time.

If 3D graphics were the defining characteristic of a 'game', then 3D Studio Max and Maya and Rhinoceros and Blender and Poser and many other such programs would also be 'games'. And so would be Photoshop and, for that matter, even Microsoft Word. They all have usable 3D graphics by now.

Ren, you didn't read my other posts, because i sad there the definition of game. 3D Studio Max, Maya,...are computer programs for 3D modeling, animation and rendering, not a video games. Microsoft Word is a word processor (and text editor). You are confusing terms.

IvanMaximus wrote:

Ren, you didn't read my other posts, because i sad there the definition of game. 3D Studio Max, Maya,...are computer programs for
3D modeling, animation and rendering
, not a video games. Microsoft Word is a 
word processor
(and text editor). You are confusing terms.

Actually, you said, in so many words, "A game is a game." Forgive us for not being sure about what you actually meant. Now if you actually said what you consider a game to BE, we might be able to have a better discussion.

For the record, because it's bothering me...

Game [geym] noun, adjective,gam·er, gam·est, verb, gamed, gam·ing.
noun

1. an amusement or pastime: children's games.
  2. the material or equipment used in playing certain games: a store selling toys and games.
  3. a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons whoplay according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
  4. a single occasion of such an activity, or a definite portion of one: the final game of the season; a rubberof three games at bridge.
  5. the number of points required to win a game.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/game?s=t

So, technically, by the first definition, Second Life *is* a game. However - many many many many people in Second Life do not consider it a game since it does not adhere to definition 3 - there is no competition, no skill required, no chance, endurance, no quests, no objectives etc etc... People who adhere to this philosophy believe that SL is more of a "virtual social creative experience" or.... something similar.

All in all - play Second Life if you choose to - but I wouldn't worry about the money part of it until you get your virtual feet under you. Learn the ropes, then learn how to twist the ropes to squeeze the money out :D

If "an amusement or pastime" would define a game...then facebook is a game, watching TV would be also a game...nearly every activity done for entertainment would be a game. (If thats the point where you came to the conclusion SL could be technically a game).

IvanMaximus wrote:

Sorry, i don't drink coffee :matte-motes-asleep-2:.Here in my place the average salary is 250 eur per month, the price for internet connection is 15 eur per month, the steam heating is now 70 eur per month (our
politicians
have supported
this more expensive heating stupid
idea
), and the food is the most expensive in the World. And the worst thing is that you can't find a job here.With one salary 
in a house with
two
unemployed

I had to
turn to other
sources of income
.Well, i just thought that i can make something in SL, i have planty ideas...
Seems to me
I'll pass
this game

(Bold lettering added by me.) Don't do that. For your own sake and possibly the rest of SL's.

Each new prospective citizen is valuable, in my opinion. We don't know yet what each can contribute. 

Here we have someone who wants to work in SL, pay their own way, be productive and he's being ragged on and pushed away.

Ivan, try the Wanted section here for jobs. 

SL is difficult at first but it is worth it. SL is also extremely vast. It can be a good hobby for you, some fun and relaxation, and maybe more some day, who knows? You can meet people from all over the world in SL. You can study languages, you can virtually do almost anything one can do in real life (and a lot that you can't) etc.

Never let one person or one experience dissuade you from something  you feel is right for you. Good luck.

My reply is not to you personally but a general reply.

Audra wrote:

However - many many many many people in Second Life do not consider it a game since it does not adhere to definition 3 -

there is no competition:
Ever visited the MP? Viewed a fashion blog? Looked at av"s? Plenty of competition in SL

no skill required:
Required, no; necessary, depends on what you do in SL.

no chance:
For some finding another avatar is chance. Finding a good friend is also chance.

endurance:
SL addicts will disagree. Falling asleep at the keyboard is common for addicts.

no quests:
I would point to all those looking for love in SL. Truly a quest.

no objectives:
This in itself is objective
:)
There are many objectives in SL. POV determines whether they are seen or ignored.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.