New materials are here, any merchants got anything neat and ideas on conversion time and pricing?

Poenald Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rya Nitely wrote:

There is an easier way to get this effect. It's called 'Shininess' in the Texture tab. You have a range of choices from low to high and you just select the one that looks best, and Voila! No tutorials necessary and everyone can see it :smileyvery-happy:

Wow, I thought that any experienced builder would see that this comment was meant as a joke....but obviously not :smileytongue:

Why would they go through the trouble if it wasn't better? We also have bumpiness...it's like suggesting that that works like the normal map...saying this would be a joke too :)

Monti Messmer wrote:

Hello, i have nothing to show because till now play around with the 2 new "texture" options didn´t do it for me.

Mainly i´m doing clothes and with the time loading 3 textures i rather paint little details and model the bigger ones.

The example jacket Linden are showing on that youtube video didn´t impress me that much. Buttons looked like coming out of honey or .... no sharp edges. I guess some creators will do better but for me for now it´s watch and wait going the old way.

Monti

I think you are right about the jacket, it if a bit funny. But, I think that they purposfully don't show the best of the best and the best is yet to come as creators learn more. This happened with sculpts, people learned what worked and what didn't and tricks to make things better.

Normal mapping is sort of similar, in a few ways actually. Yeah, a button that big seems like something you would make seperate. Plus, shine at that level may only be useful for some things and with some textures undernieth.

I am dying to try these things, but my GPU says no.:( To old, so another machine and that is a pain AND the client has issues on that one...sad stuff and I have to do other things, so my SL waits.

I will have a good look through all of these posts though and I see a pic already! Thanks for all who posted with good intent and such, I am sure forumites appreciate this!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.