Is it allowed reselling breedables ?

Natalia280

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey

I m new to the breedables still...trying to breed dogs and cats. but still new that's why i m asking.

When i checked some places with people who sell them too, i found sometimes breedables boxes for very cheap and bought it.. many of these i don't wanna use. just taught to try to sell them for more... My question is- is it allowed to resell breedables in second life? ( kittycats, biobreeds )?  like buying the boxes for cheap and  try to sell them for more ? or it's only allowed to sell boxes that came from animals that i breeded them together and feeded ? an answer will be helpful.. thank you:)

Rya Nitely wrote:

If you can transfer it to someone else you can sell it.

Edit: The answer is yes

and just to add, "IF you have the legal right to transfer it, you can sell it".

Just because it's transfer, doesn't mean that you have the legal right to sell it.  E.g. full perm items that are intended for builders that you buy knowingly with restricted use rights with regard to permissions.

Sorry, had to be a little pedantic there :smileywink:

As Rya said, in the context of your particular question, there should not be any constraining rights, yes you can sell it.

it's allowed to buy and sell breedables as many you want, that's the whole purpose of them(for breeders, for the creators the food and other supplies are $$$)....

i doubt if it's wise to buy cheap cats, or what other kind of animal, those are low traited ones, they are cheap for a reason. Big chance you invest 50 into this bad ones and won't even sell it for 5 or less....

Better try breeding better ones, and put that on the market.

Many people are doing this for several years, try to find a group, there are dozens ..,  you'll learn a lot in a fast way instead of finding out all tricks by yourself.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Rya Nitely wrote:

If you can transfer it to someone else you can sell it.

Edit: The answer is yes

and just to add, "IF you have the legal right to transfer it, you can sell it".

Just because it's transfer, doesn't mean that you have the legal right to sell it.  E.g. full perm items that are intended for builders that you buy knowingly with restricted use rights with regard to permissions.

Sorry, had to be a little pedantic there :smileywink:

As Rya said, in the context of your particular question, there should not be any constraining rights, yes you can sell it.

Thank you Sassy, you are quite correct, my answer may have been misleading.:)

• 2 months later...

I'm getting out of the fennux breeding business and have like 85 dens I'm trying to offload quickly, so thought I'd just toss them onto my MP listings.  BUT...for some reason, I keep getting an error message saying:  Unsellable item in folder, likely a permission problem.  I'm not sure why though.  They are Transfer only.  So they SHOULD be able to be uploaded to my MP.  Is this a system error with MP or am I wrong in being able to sell them there.  I see others listed, so I'm sure they should be able to go up.  Any ideas?

Natalia280 wrote:

Hey

I m new to the breedables still...trying to breed dogs and cats. but still new that's why i m asking.

When i checked some places with people who sell them too, i found sometimes breedables boxes for very cheap and bought it.. many of these i don't wanna use. just taught to try to sell them for more... My question is- is it allowed to resell breedables in second life? ( kittycats, biobreeds )?  like buying the boxes for cheap and  try to sell them for more ? or it's only allowed to sell boxes that came from animals that i breeded them together and feeded ? an answer will be helpful.. thank you:)

I have BioBreeds dogs and you can also sell adult dogs.  I would suggest joining the groups for the breedable brands you have.  I know from experience the BioBreeds group is AMAZINGLY helpful.  They also have info notecards on where you can sell your dogs (in addition to your own store/MP of course) - there are regularly held auctions, etc.  There is another group (speaking strictly BioBreeds as it's the only breedable brand I know much about) where you can post dogs/puppy crates you have for sale - operates like a merchant group.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Pamela Galli wrote:

However, I think you may not be able to do new listings with Magic Boxes, but only keep the ones you already have.

You know, that's a good question.  I took down my Magic Boxes once I had my MP store migrated to DD but I do have some breedables I was thinking of putting on the MP.  Hmmmm...guess I'll find out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.