Are you your avatar's age?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd say all of my avie options are close in age to my RL slef (32) my avies range, more in appearance  from about 25-30 I'd guess. As for the way I act, i act like myself, only I'll go clubbing in Sl where i don't in RL. I don't portray a character, only a more idealized physical presence of who I am. Clothing is far from the way i dress in RL, way more revealing and flamboyant (most of the time). Jeans and T-shirt kind of girl here.

Well I have so many looks/avs, but I think most of them yes and some maybe older, except for my kawaii desu Japanese dolly type avatars which as a base look barely legal.

The one by snow rabbit is so well done. I saw people fighting about it, saying it looked like a young girl.. as in child? I don't think they do nor mine does since I added attachments to it like piercings and what have you. 

Ricky40 wrote:

Just curious about what age most people make there avatars? Is the way you dress and play your avatar the same age as you in Real life or younger? Especially I guess I'm the fashion sense I am wondering.

Found something today that says it all. with kudos to Marianne Mccann

(to those who read the other post...apparently, it connected to the "my second life" page..didn't want anything crazy to happen to my stuff...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:)

web_519e521933de47136b000001.jpg

my character is absolutly not me.. Typically he has elf ears so.. My alt is also fantasy based..  I would say I never actually intentually designed my characters to be any age really.. and when asked age i typically say about 200 yr old or so.. lol.. but as for their appearance.. I would say my avatars tend to look about early to mid 20s... and I am about 6 years older than that..   This is second life..  And for me if I had to choose a life to live I would be imortal or close to it with a very long life span..  SOooo my characters are technically much older than I am lol.. 

I am ..... mumbles ... 29 in rl and in sl I am not sure how old I look but I would guess.. 29? However I am only 4 ft 9 in in rl and my avi is almost 7 ft tall so we are twins lol. 

I think my avi looks spanish as I am puerto rican, I kind of look like my avi for the most part.

How old DO I look?

fixed angel.png

I'm finding something else interesting in this thread. I thought that I was a lot older than your average SLer, but out of the 9 people on this thread who mentioned how old they were in RL, 6 are at least 40. I had always figured that most people who were on SL were in their 20's or 30's...(or younger, if they can get away with it).

Don't feel as much like an old man anymore...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

• 2 weeks later...

The age of my avatar is inversely proportional to my real age. The older I get, the younger my avi looks. I suppose that when I turn 60, I'll have to get myself a toddler avatar. :P

BTW, my forum badge says it all: I am a Senior! :D

ETA: Forgot to mention there is not even ONE outfit my avi wears that I wouldn't wear in RL. So, yes rather young but very classical when it comes to clothing. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.