Charged $28,000L for Enhancements today

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made the mistake of reactivating a few of my enhancements today. Most of them have been stuck in "Cannot Edit" for a year or so now. This is what I wrote on my support ticket:

"I just got charged 20,000L for enhancements. (NOTE: I JUST GOT CHARGED 8000 MORE) I only have seven active enhancements. None of them have the correct "Next Charged at" date. (sometime in March)

On my Listing Enhancement performance page, I show four active enhancements.

This is why I cancelled 30 enhancements. I will set the ones I have to not expire. Lesson learned.

Also I saw one of my products as featured that never has had an enhancement."

Also I see no way to tell what the enhancements are for. There used to be some page where I could check my orders but I can't find it. Order history just goes to this all-purpose message:

"So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly  Continue Shopping."

Seriously, if I ran my store like SOME people do their jobs, I would find myself back in the classroom teaching again. 

Pamela, have you ever done a comparison to see if enhancements have ever paid off - doing a test over a set period of time, same season with and without enhancements. I know you've been an active merchant for a long time now. So maybe you have an idea anyway without testing. I have never thought them worth it - except maybe for avatars and avatar accessories - which I don't sell.

And then there's the stress cost as well.

When I have a new item I would love to have an enhancement that works - but I just leave it up to time and if it's good it does take off by word of mouth I guess.

Anyway sorry for your problems :(

No it's too hard to figure out if the enhancements have any effect. With Xstreet, you could easily tell; LL does not provide any data.  I had cancelled all of mine and then on a whim today reactivated five of them. And BAM got hit with over $100 USD in charges! 

Wow sorry to read Pamela....

but you said it yourself : 

Pamela Galli wrote:

I made the mistake of reactivating a few of my enhancements today.

anything related with mp enhancements can be nothing but mistake... from my experience and what ive read about in the forum.... sometimes im also tempted buy ones.. but no... no way... i really prefer to take the risk to sell less (i ll know why) than to try this so uncertain feature...

i wish you good luck and hope they will fix this soon your pb :smileyhappy:

Sheesh :( So sorry you have to deal with this, that just sucks. I really hope they sort it quickly.

I think this would probably fall into the file of "some of the worst glitch/bug/intended function/idiotic/and whatever else you want to add...blunders. Knowing the lab, they'll say it was intended or "oops, we'll look into it", but then never get back with you.

I bought enhancements once, and followed them for a good, gosh, about 7 months or so. They didn't do a lick of good, from where I'm standing. Thankfully, that was just an experiment on my part and I actually expected the outcome. I haven't bought an enhancement since and I don't think I ever will again. If I'm going to throw my money into the air on a whim, I'm going to make sure I'm sending it somewhere worthwhile. So now, instead of getting the enhancements I had, I take that same money I would have paid and put it towards some of my favorite charities. At least then I know the money is going to a good cause.

....  and this is yet another BIG REASON that as an SL Merchant on MP as well as a resident of SL (with LL's well known history of poor shoot-from-the-hit decision making, shotty software development, poor QA testing, horrid customer service,  and weak security measures) I have always followed a practice of Linden $ Account liquidation as soon as my account's value exceed a low trigger value. 

For me, I cash out all but $500L of my $L account to paypal as soon as my $L account reach $27000L (about $100US).  For me this costs an insignificant amaount of overhead when I am charged the $1 US for cashing out to paypal at a more frequent basis (about every 2 weeks) but I am then better protected from my account being robbed by LL's rogue MP software that can remove $L from my account without my approval / permission as well as in the event that my SL Avatar account gets hacked (which has actually happened to my account once already thanks to a security loophole in SL's website that allowed for aphishing attack in what was supposed to be a secuted and authenticated area of their site.

Mine isnt on file. Every time I liquidate my $US account to paypal, I am asked what the paypal ID is that my $ should be transferred to.

But even if it were - i.e. it would be my paypal - I would dispute the charge and paypal would simply reverse the transaction as it would have been done without my permission.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Seriously, if I ran my store like SOME people do their jobs, I would find myself back in the classroom teaching again. 

Just catching up and spotted this.

If you ever do go back to teaching? Please whack them about the heads until they realize that doing a job properly should be higher on the list than trying to "change the world". Otherwise they'll end up working for a commerce team that gets the commerce bits wrong in a world of commerce.

Then again, perhaps you just can't teach horse sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.