Hilarious Email from XstreetSL

Edfred Jungsten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just recieved this email:

"Dear Edfred Jungsten,

Our records indicate that you have items listed at the Xstreet SL Marketplace, but none of them are available for purchase because your server object(s), listed below, have lost connectivity with the Xstreet SL main server.

Name: Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11

Name: Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11

You could be losing sales!  Follow the instructions below to reactivate your items on the website:

1) If you deleted your server object(s), they must be replaced and stocked with your inventory before your items can be reactivated.  Please follow the instructions at the following URL to make your inventory available:
https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=21

2) If your server object(s) are still in-world, take them into your inventory and re-rez them.  This will reset the object and cause it to reestablish communications.

3) Make sure your server object(s) are not on no-script land.

Regards,

Xstreet SL
https://www.xstreetsl.com/

Regards,
Second Life Support

This message was sent by Linden Lab.
For help with your account (or with this message), please visit http://secondlife.com/support/"

Ummmm...wtf? Oh I am losing sales, but it has nothing to do with XStreetSL!

I would guess it is due to the closure of magic boxes, if you have any.

Your boxes have a sort of server listing, for lack of an interest in looking it up, and if it persists, there seems to be a sort of spectral existence lingering. Kind of. Ish. Thing.

It says you have boxes out still. At those locations and given coordinates.

If the boxes don't exist in world, you can remove their reference on Xstreet.

There's a tutorial via el searcho.

Otherwise it's just their typical automated pre-prepared basic generic incentive statement. It will probably be awhile before they trim up all the loose ends. If ever.

[EDIT: the cat made me do it]

Rya Nitely wrote:

I saw the humour so I suspect others did too. 

Not necessarily true. Some poeple find humor in watching the paint dry. But it doesn't mean it's funny. Well it means their kinda funny, but in a different way.

Edfred Jungsten wrote:

That's not an accurate response, thank you very much. The email was sent from xstreetsl ............. that's what made me laugh.

That's not an accurate response, thank you very much.

Actually, the email was signed by xstreetsl. It states clearly right at the end that it was sent by Linden Labs.

And that's what made me laugh.

I got the same email form xstreet. I have never received any emails about needing to migrate to DD from LL. If I had not of been active in SL and aware of DD then that xstreet mail would have been my first indication that something is wrong. I wonder how many inactive SL merchants are facing that scenario.

Deferred Jungles wrote:

That's not an accurate response, thank you very much. The email was sent from streets because I removed my magic boxes, having already converted my products over to direct delivery. The email states I need to replace or reset  my magic boxes, that's what made me laugh.

I never got such an email when I migrated to ID without a hitch, so excuse me if I took it to mean something was not right.  You didn't say in your POP that you had already migrated successfully.

Interestingly, I migrated at the last minute and never received this email; however I did receive several notices reminding me of the migration date about six months and one month out.  It sounds like this particular notice, based on the feedback here so far, was sent to people who had already migrated awhile back.

Heh, Funny thing is when they introduced the Direct Delivery system, initially, they said you had to change, so I started to migrate then they changed their minds and said they had no intention of getting rid of current Magic Box system before I moved anything so I just left it at that.

Haven't heard anything since until I went to put up a new build on my shop yesterday and saw everything was unlisted in my store. DOH!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.