Subscriber Kiosk in our lives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The new fashion of subscriber kiosk inundates our Second Lifes , Day by Day but many people have begun to fret

A sort explanation of What is a subscriber kiosk (for those who havent informed about) ?

Subscriber Kiosk is a system that creates a list of subscribers / residents who want to receive announcments / informations / gifts / notecards / ÍMs and anything else you like to send / inform to all the subscribers or to some of them.Subsriber kiosk is like a simple group but you dont have to remove groups to join (if you have not space) or you dont want to remove one or more of them 

There are 2 types of subscribers . Manual ( Subscribe / unsubscribe by pressing a board or a menu ) and Automatic (Automatically Subscribe without knowing it)

After a search I find myself been a subscriber in up to 10 various groups such as SOREAL, Bare  , Bondage Heel , Cynful , SL Ad Group and more,  that uses Automatic Subscribers , without pressing any subscriber button or agree with that. I automatically subscribe them by purcase a product,by pressing their boxes for info or through marketplace.

Some of them are spaming me everyday with messages and notecards without my agreement.

Some people have report them for Spaming through abuse report but Linden Lab hasn't do Something about.

Do you believe that Subscriber kiosks are better than groups? Is a type of solution to the limit of groups? Is the automatically Subscribe a way to stay in touch with the store that you make purchases? Is Automatic Subscription or Manual Subscription actually a kind of Spam, If you have the option to unsubscribe direct to the board or system which is located in the Store / business / sim / area ? Why the subscribe notecards and message are a kind of spam and Group's notices and messages are not? Is this system (manual & automatic ) approved by linden lab?

I would love to read your opinions about

Years ago the topic of being automatically added to subscribers without permission or opting in was brought up on the forums.  One merchant said the system she used, and now I can't recall which one it was and was trying to see if I had it bookmarked, has an area on their website where a customer can see all the groups to which they are subscribed and manually delete the ones they want out of.

Does anyone recall which vendor system this was?

Barring that...I agree - AR for spam.

I believe Hippo Groups have a site where you can opt out of this sort of...thing. However, you have to register so they get your name anyway =^^=

As for auto-subscribe : first spam, I mute the object and the owner. And make a note to never ever visit hihi Repeated - well yes can always file an AR

I like suscriptions you can elect to sign up for because they do save group space.  Auto sign ups are different though.  Spam from autosubscribers is muted and AR'd and I won't buy from the merchant again.

Merchants defend their use of them saying that you can always unsunbscribe.  But that means I have to take the time to go to their shop and find it.  Why should I have to take the time to unsubscribe from something I never signed up for to begin with?  IMO this practice should be banned by LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.