Using Firestorm with Phoenix

ShortCake Windstorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You know you can use Firestorm with Phoenix, while my question is this: Where do I go into Preferences and locate and select when someone has taken a picture?   I know I can on the old phoenix and I thought since I was using Firestorm with phoenix capcity that I could do the same but cant seem to locate.

Can anyne assist me?

8 answers to this question

I'm not clear what you want to know. You can make Firestorm look like the Phoenix viewer, if that's what you're talking about. It's mostly a visual and layout thing.

What are you trying to select? If you want to know if someone has taken a picture of you, you can usually tell by the camera sound. Can you be a little more specific about what you need?

As Ariel has said you don't use Firestorm "with" Phoenix, you use Firestorm with a Phoenix look. Of course you can still have both Phoenix and Firestorm installed on your computer and use them both. As for the feature you are looking for I am not sure if it is available on Firestorm, I had even forgotten about that dumb feature. It is as useless as the show look at feature. I mean who cares if someone takes a picture? Just pose for them and smile at the camera.

• Like 1

There's no way to tell whether someone else has taken a picture unless they have the camera sound turned on.  It doesn't make any difference what viewer you are using ...Firestorm, Phoenix, V3, Singularity .... None of them can detect someone else's camera.  You may be thinking of the LookAt crosshairs that you can activate either in your Develop menu or in Preferences (In Firestorm, look in Privacy >> LookAt).  Those give you a general idea of where other people might be looking -- but not a very accurate idea of what they are looking at -- but they can't tell you if they are taking pictures.

Rolig, I am sure she is looking for a Phoenix feature which tells you who took a snapshot on a sim. It gives you a chat message that says "[Resident Nam] has taken a snapshot]" It was as useless as the show look at thing because if you had camera set to "Silent snapshot to disk" then it would not transmit the fact that you took a snapshot.

i am assuming what you mean is this:
SHOW A MESSAGE WHEN SOMEONE TAKES A SNAPSHOT: Will display in local chat “User Name has taken a snapshot.” when someone on the same sim you are on takes and uploads a snapshot. *Note: Will only work for snapshots uploaded directly to LL.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix_preferences_tab

And here is the link to the firestorm preferences,
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_preferences
i could not find a similar named entry so possibly this feature is gone. Or might only exist in the phoenix skinned version.

• Like 1

Firestorm does not have the option to inform you when somebody takes a picture because

1. This might be regarded as griefer feature and even more important
  2. It is a unreliable feature that only works if the person taking a snapshot has silent snapshots disabled, that means that avatar is not playing the snapshot animation (it does not base on playing the sound, but the animation).

.. after some more reasearch (and to expand my former answer):

this feature seems to have not been taken over into Firestorm.

“Where’s the “show message when someone takes a screenshot” option?”

This also doesn’t have a JIRA yet, so if you want it, you’ll need to request it. I don’t want to get your hopes up for this one, though: it’s always been more of a drama feature in Phoenix than something that people have used for practical purposes. And those are the only kinds of Phoenix features that might not be added in Firestorm. If you request it, please include an explanation of what you use it for so that it’s clear that idle curiosity about what others are doing isn’t the only reason people are interested in it. (source: http://hugsalot.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/firestorm-beta-v2-5-2-16922/ )

And after checking their current preferences page for firestorm with no entry of this i doubt this circumstance has changed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.