My account put on hold.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This account HeartyFoxdale was made so I could enjoy second once more and complain about something. My account ihearvampires Foxdale was put on hold months ago and I just now got an email saying there are no signs of compromise but I have to pay back a chargeback of nearly 170 USD including a fee. I never authorized a chargeback. What do I do? :matte-motes-frown:

check your payment records. if it show that linden never got their money then is nothing to dispute. don't matter who's fault it was. theirs yours or your payment provider. you will have to pay the $170+fee to get the account restored

if can show that you did pay it. like is not in your account and they say they never got it. then someone else got it. only your payment provider can answer that. so have to take it up with them. get your money back off them and then give to linden

I would assume that you probably stopped paying your tier. That and Premium account fees are pretty much the only things LL charges you for. If you're a Premium member who owns land, and you decide to leave SL or stop being a Premium member, you HAVE to remember to sell your land. Otherwise LL will keep charging and you'll end up owning money like this, and it can definitely build up, especially if you own a lot of land.

If you pay the amount you owe, you may get the account back. Other than that, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. Just like with your electric bill - if you don't pay, it gets shut off, and you don't get it back until you pay.

Contact billing and ask them exactly how the charge was incurred.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only
--||-

HeartyFoxdale wrote:

This account HeartyFoxdale was made so I could enjoy second once more and complain about something. My account ihearvampires Foxdale was put on hold months ago and I just now got an email saying there are no signs of compromise but I have to pay back a chargeback of nearly 170 USD including a fee. I never authorized a chargeback. What do I do? :matte-motes-frown:

If you have to "pay back a chargeback", it sounds like you received the $170 from somebody for something, but the buyer didn't receive from you what was piad for, or made a claim to that effect, and initiated a chargeback. That makes it sound like a credit card company or a company like PayPal, because LL doesn't operate a chargeback system. You don't get to authorise a chargeback, as far as i know. So what did you receive the $170 for that is related to a dealing in SL?

If you got an email about this, I am sure LL explained why you were being charged that amount.  No authorization is required for a chargeback.  No one here can do anything about it.  You will have to pay or lose the account.  When LL finds out you have alts, they will suspend them too until you pay the amount owed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.