DD Date Question

Jarnz Dench

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yep, Linux support and resalable items have been issues since the start, looks like they are just put in the too hard basket and move on.

Shame though, wouldn't want to dual boot with Windows just to upload a new/updated item, seems like a waste of resources and time.

Jarnz Dench wrote:

seems like a waste of resources and time.

I agree apart from one exception. MB redundancy has the potential to remove allot of old unsupported content from the MP. So hopefully this will be beneficial from a housekeeping perspective.

It will be interesting to see how many listings actually disappear on retirement day Maybe we should start a pool, everyone take a guess at the total number of MP listing after retirement. :matte-motes-big-grin:

I was the one who initially started the Linux Jira way back when DD was rolled out. For me the Merchant Outbox has been working fine on Linux for quite a while now since last year. I am currently stuck on Xubuntu 11.10 which will reach end of life next month. If the Linux version makes any difference then I cannot say if it will continue to work if I am ever able to update.

I keep old versions of libcrypto and libssl in a folder, and copy them to the lib of any new LL build I install. This gets the outbox working, but it's super annoying. I know that Dolphin had another fix for this ages ago, so what's holding LL up with this? It's been broken, for no good reason, for ages.

Oh yes, my partner Rya and I have been wondering how many listings will disappear after the cut off date, will be good to see the upcoming housecleaning!

When I said wasted time and resources, just meant personally with having 2 OSs on the computer, one just for uploading in the Outbox.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Jarnz Dench wrote:

seems like a waste of resources and time.

I agree apart from one exception. MB redundancy has the potential to remove allot of old unsupported content from the MP. So hopefully this will be beneficial from a housekeeping perspective.

It will be interesting to see how many listings actually disappear on retirement day Maybe we should start a pool, everyone take a guess at the total number of MP listing after retirement. :matte-motes-big-grin:

This is a MAJOR benefit and one I am happily waiting to see on D day. The old and unsupported items that players aren't even around for anymore, I will be so happy to see removed.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Once in a while I get that but when I go to MP the stuff will be there on the unassociated objects list.

Just tried again, rebooting, making sure everything is updated, but the errors are constant. Had a look at the Marketplace Inventory web page and nothing made it through.

Thought I would just chime in here for Linux merchants. Though I can't speak for sure about other third party viewers, certainly Firestorm's latest release has this issue fixed. I'm going to assume Singularity has this working as well, and probably other TPV's who have recent releases out but I don't know for fact.

I'm actually pretty sure we submitted the fix for this issue to LL a while ago so I'm a bit surprised it hasn't made it to a public release yet.

This thread was only just brought to my attention, I'll see if I can push some buttons for LL to get this fix out in their official, but in the meantime the message for merchants is “you do have alternatives.”

Jessica Lyon
Project Manager
The Phoenix Firestorm Project, Inc

Jessica Lyon wrote:

Thought I would just chime in here for Linux merchants. Though I can't speak for sure about other third party viewers, certainly Firestorm's latest release has this issue fixed. I'm going to assume Singularity has this working as well, and probably other TPV's who have recent releases out but I don't know for fact.

I'm actually pretty sure we submitted the fix for this issue to LL a while ago so I'm a bit surprised it hasn't made it to a public release yet.

This thread was only just brought to my attention, I'll see if I can push some buttons for LL to get this fix out in their official, but in the meantime the message for merchants is “you do have alternatives.”

Jessica Lyon

Project Manager

The Phoenix Firestorm Project, Inc

So by "latest release" do you mean the latest release of the Firestorm that is actually downloadable by the community for install?  Is that the version you say is fixed?

My problem with Firestorm is that they say a problem is "fixed" even if it has not been actually released to the community for use.  Case in point is when the Firestorm team say that they have "FIXED" the horrible Music Stream Stuck bug that was introduced in the last release of FS in Decemeber.  Your team knew the probem and have fixed the code that causes this EXTREMELY frustrating bug on the grid.... but since your team has not released the fix as part of an updated release that the community can download and use....  ITS NOT FIXED.   So over 3 months later, a huge portion of the SL grid population still is suffering with this highly annoying bug.

So... FIXED means that we can download a version of code that incorporates the broken code.  Until this is true... you have not fixed anything.

So please confirm what you mean by fixed.

Deja Letov wrote:

This is a MAJOR benefit and one I am happily waiting to see on D day. The old and unsupported items that players aren't even around for anymore, I will be so happy to see removed.

It will be a temporary benefit and long term has potential to create a far worse situation unless some sort of restrictions are in place. At least with magic boxes people needed to have an inworld space, Direct Delivery removes that obstacle, the bloat will grow and grow and the merchants will be long gone.

I have this same exact issue through the latest version of Firestorm. I pretty much send some folders, relog, send the rest. Even then I have to click "Send to Marketplace" a few (hundred) times before it moves. I'm on Windows 7 btw. So I don't think that's O/S related, not even sure if that's viewer related. But it is annoying! Talk about a time waster. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.