About the ID Prefix Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I look at my transaction history, I saw that only ID prefix number. I want to know what I sent to somebody or what somebody sent to me? There is only prefix number in transaction history. There is no name of the thing!

MonicaMon wrote:

When I look at my transaction history, I saw that only ID prefix number. I want to know what I sent to somebody or what somebody sent to me? There is only prefix number in transaction history. There is no name of the thing!

Well I see the name in the details column if an object was transferred. The ID prefix has nothing to do with the ID of assets inworld.

Oh, those. With interactive inventory gives, you won't get any details in that log.

The UUID in that column has no special meaning, it's just arbitrarily assigned. Up until a few years ago, those used to be regular incrementing serial numbers; they switched to this format because the old counter was getting close to overflowing.

ID.JPG

I think this is what the OP is referring to in transaction history.  On the page you only see a truncated number.  However, if you hover over it you get a little pop out with the complete number.  I would imagine that the prefix has some significance to the Lab.

Presumably if you are the owner of the account you know what you gave.  I suspect based on your prior post that you are now snooping around in your partner's account.  It wasn't enough that you read their logs of private conversations, now you have to be checking out every little thing they may have given someone.  :smileysurprised:

What is with you?  You really are a control freak aren't you?  Partners are not property.  When you treat a partner this way you don't deserve one.  You also violated the TOS.  You deserve to be banned from SL permanently.

The OP's account is less than 2 months old. I realize it could be a Forum-purposed alt but I believe the first post was yesterday's "How Do I Secretly Spy on My Partner?" thread, which makes that unlikely.

I do have a theory, though. One I feel is somewhat in keeping with the Friday tradition. Could this not be a ruse? Perhaps some entity is attempting to acquire knowledge about damaged SL relationships. It fits right in with the supposedly upcoming television program AnnaMarie warned us about here.

Maybe it's a fishing expedition.:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.