A walk in the dark

MissManaged

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. What a load of.......BS. You are also a charactar in this show, by creating an alt and writing this piece of prose - meant to express your...what exactly? You too, even as socalled bystander and reader only, play your part in the 'show', the moment you hit enter on this post.

Sure, you can focus on the drama, but hey....isn't that all depending on the list of ppl you choose to follow?

I, for one, enjoy the feed immensly and mostly only see positive posts and pictures and people sharing places and experiences that enhance my overall second life. I do my best to return that cheerful favour and I think I manage.

You on the other hand, seem to focus on the drama and darkness. It is a choice you know. Look at your friendlist and people you choose to follow, and then think.
It may well be the company YOU keep that makes it your 'walk in the dar'k, as for many others it is certainly not.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

OK. What a load of.......BS. You are also a charactar in this show, by creating an alt and writing this piece of prose - meant to express your...what exactly? You too, even as socalled bystander and reader only, play your part in the 'show', the moment you hit enter on this post.

Sure, you can focus on the drama, but hey....isn't that all depending on the list of ppl you choose to follow?

I, for one, enjoy the feed immensly and mostly only see positive posts and pictures and people sharing places and experiences that enhance my overall second life. I do my best to return that cheerful favour and I think I manage.

You on the other hand, seem to focus on the drama and darkness. It is a choice you know. Look at your friendlist and people you choose to follow, and then think.

It may well be the company YOU keep that makes it your 'walk in the dar'k, as for many others it is certainly not.

Hello Caitlin,

Perhaps you misunderstood when I said I am not a character.  I was referring to the “games” played in the feed.  I am not a character in that game, though your point is in fact valid that by posting this, I have become somewhat involved.  Apparently you feel I now belong in one camp or the other, as it were.  Although it is difficult to determine in typed words, you appear agitated and somewhat hostile in your reply to this post in general. 

I thought it was implied that this post is simply my opinion.  I certainly hope that you did not take serious offense to what I’ve written, as it is not my intention to offend anyone.  I did not mean to disturb your sensitive nature. My sincere apologies if I have.

I am pleased that you enjoy the feeds.  It appears to me that others do as well, and as I stated before, they could be even more enjoyable sans the hostility, harassment, and animosity. 

So you know, it is not my friends who make the walk dark, they have nothing to do with this.  It is those who choose to pounce on new individuals as they attempt to introduce themselves who darken this particular alley. 

While I value the opinions of all posters, I do not feel that what I’ve written is a “load of ……BS”.  This was written to express my thoughts on my.secondlife.com, which again, I thought was clear. 

ETA: To fix a grammatical error

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

Perhaps you misunderstood when I said I am not a character.  I was referring to the “games” played in the feed.  I am not a character in that game, though your point is in fact valid that by posting this, I have become somewhat involved.  Apparently you feel I now belong in one camp or the other, as it were.  Although it is difficult to determine in typed words, you appear agitated and somewhat hostile in your reply to this post in general. 

I thought it was implied that this post is simply my opinion.  I certainly hope that you did not take serious offense to what I’ve written, as it is not my intention to offend anyone.  I did not mean to disturb your sensitive nature. My sincere apologies if I have.

I am pleased that you enjoy the feeds.  It appears to me that others do as well, and as I stated before, they could be even more enjoyable sans the hostility, harassment, and animosity. 

So you know, it is not my friends who make the walk dark, they have nothing to do with this.  It is those who choose to pounce on new individuals as they attempt to introduce themselves who darken this particular alley. 

While I value the opinions of all posters, I do not feel that what I’ve written is a “load of ……BS”.  This was written to express my thoughts on my.secondlife.com, which again, I thought was clear. 

LOL and thank you so much for this reply. I am sure you have no idea why I am thankful, but yeah it puts things in perspective now I know who I am talking to. I hope the reply to me did not cause you too much stress and anger, and....another walk in the dark.

I do not play 'games' in the feed, I am sure you (as you are familiar with it) have seen my contributions and even you must see they are pretty clear and straight forward.  I will leave the 'playing games' to others, like you,  and will read it, then scroll and...smh.....

Have a nice day!

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Apparently you feel I now belong in one camp or the other, as it were.

It's quite obvious that you are in one of the camps. If you weren't, there would have been no need to post quite so... anonymously.

How long must the charade continue?

Oh Griff......for as long as miss damaged can keep her cool of course! Come on!

baby Kranfel wrote:

The pools filling up it seems. I really don't understand why this post can cause so much uneasiness among some. I like the topic and the direction, for those that use the tool it is not odd that they would like to enjoy it without interference, just because.

Don't you think?

Hello Baby,

This is an interesting point, and one that had not occurred to me until now.  My post did not mention names, nor did it point fingers at one group over another.  Yet some seem to have gotten rather defensive.  I was simply indicating there is a problem with the website, stating my opinion.  I’m quite sure I am not the only non-participant who has felt this way.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

LOL and thank you so much for this reply. I am sure you have no idea why I am thankful, but yeah it puts things in perspective now I know who I am talking to. I hope the reply to me did not cause you too much stress and anger, and....another walk in the dark.

I do not play 'games' in the feed, I am sure you (as you are familiar with it) have seen my contributions and even you must see they are pretty clear and straight forward.  I will leave the 'playing games' to others, like you,  and will read it, then scroll and...smh.....

Have a nice day!

Goodness, you seem to really take this personally.  There no stress or anger in my reply, and I must express apologies once again if you felt there were.  I do hope you have a nice day as well. 

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Apparently you feel I now belong in one camp or the other, as it were.

It's quite obvious that you are in one of the camps. If you weren't, there would have been no need to post quite so... anonymously.

How long must the charade continue?

Many people write under a pen name, I am simply doing the same.  Does it matter if I post as MissManaged or another name?  I have been nothing but polite and friendly to all who have posted here.  I see no need for rude behavior or hot words.    If I have offended you as well, I offer my apologies. What do you mean by "how long must the charade continue?" Are you insisting I post another name here?

Not using the feeds myself but knowing them, it seems all you are interested in is having them as a SL resource for social interaction without grief. This is a rather straight forward point that I think would benefit all concerned.

I find it rather secondary to waste time try to play a guess me game of who has posted, the logic speaks for itself.

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

Have a nice day!

Goodness, you seem to really take this personally.  There no stress or anger in my reply, and I must express apologies once again if you felt there were.  I do hope you have a nice day as well. 

Oh no dearie, not at all. I am smiling and having a wonderful evening reading all this. Keep it up, you are a blast! Oh, and I am looking forward to your pics on the feed soon!

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

Have a nice day!

Oh no dearie, not at all. I am smiling and having a wonderful evening reading all this. Keep it up, you are a blast! Oh, and I am looking forward to your pics on the feed soon!

You have to admit, the chosen screen name could not be more fitting.  :smileyhappy:

MissManaged wrote:

Many people write under a pen name, I am simply doing the same.  Does it matter if I post as MissManaged or another name?  I have been nothing but polite and friendly to all who have posted here.  I see no need for rude behavior or hot words.    If I have offended you as well, I offer my apologies. What do you mean by "how long must the charade continue?" Are you insisting I post another name here?

If I may put my two cents in?   The problem is that most think they know who you are and your association with a certain "camp."  Of course, they are going to be on the defensive right off the bat...

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

Have a nice day!

Oh brilliant!  This is what I would like to see for everyone!  I’m well pleased that you are smiling and laughing. :)  I am however, sad to say that I'm terrible at photography in SL, so there will be no photos from me any time soon.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

If I may put my two cents in?   The problem is that most think they know who you are and your association with a certain "camp."  Of course, they are going to be on the defensive right off the bat...

Hello Kylie,

I see.  Well, at least they are entertained. :)

But wait! :smileysurprised:

Ave' there is no charade. There never has been.

Just the angst of the semi & perma banned, the perpetual penniless prose of the failed psychopomp.

Where the emperor has found their once new clothes cannot obscure their horribly disfigured persona, despite the never ending assurances of the knife weilding senate and the heavy depletion of the private purse.

The select equites wail eternally in sympathy, however the plebs vacated the colosseum many moons ago.

The emperors prized gift, the chokito floating in the public baths, is not quite as it appears.

Still, the mournfull fiddling contiinues as the flames draw ever closer.

Edited for singular typo and double checking the chokito. eeeew ^~

Such is the price of virtual immortality. 

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

MissManaged wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Hello Caitlin,

Have a nice day!

Oh brilliant!  This is what I would like to see for everyone!  I’m well pleased that you are smiling and laughing.
:)
  I am however, sad to say that I'm terrible at photography in SL, so there will be no photos from me any time soon.

Oh honey, you just gave away another hint to your 'sekrit' identity. SL must be a drag on a crappy laptop eh? I feel for you.  Not.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Just the angst of the semi & perma banned, the perpetual penniless prose of the failed psychopomp.

Where the emperor has found their once new clothes cannot obscure their horribly disfigured persona, despite the never ending assurances of the knife weilding senate and the heavy depletion of the private purse.

The select equites wail eternally in sympathy, however the plebs vacated the colosseum many moons ago.

The emperors prized gift, the chokito floating in the public baths, is not quite as it appears.

Still, the mournfull fiddling contiinues as the flames draws ever closer.

Wut.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Still, the mournfull fiddling contiinues as the flames draws ever closer.

I lost you somewhere after the second sentence.....but I love your profile pic :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.