how to stop animations when all else fails

betsy Nymphea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

how to stop animations when all else fails? my friend is using FS viewer. He used a Hud and now when he removed it, the AO will not stop animating his avatar. he has reset his avatar and clear cache..nothing works.

we tried Character test, clear cache, stop animating avatar in avatar health.

one thing when he tp's off the sim it stops then when he returns the animation begins again.

14 answers to this question

What is what you call "all else" ?

What viewer are you using ?

On firestorm you can stop your animation on Avatar menu > Avatar health > stop all animation. (ETA oh yes : maybe its in movement menu, i m not online for now lol)

I dont know if its in the same place in other viewers.

But if this doesnt work, maybe try a relog ? 

the character test wont help here. tell him to try a relog..

i rem this happened to me recently but cant rem what worked : or the relog, or wearing one of those old roses that was supposed to stop all animation. i couldnt find any in the mp but i found a magic wand with same effect and still freebie : look here : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MAGIC-WAND-Stops-Animations/3475671

the character test wont help here. tell him to try a relog..
i rem this happened to me recently but cant rem what worked : or the relog, or wearing one of those old roses that was supposed to stop all animation. i couldnt find any in the mp but i found a magic wand with same effect and still freebie : look here :https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MAGIC-WAND-Stops-Animations/3475671

How did he remove the hud? If he just dropped it it can still animate him.

You say the animation stops when he goes off sim and goes back on when he returns
that indicate a script on that sim is animating him.
It could be the hud lying on the ground

If you are allowed try resetting the scripts in the hud while he is not wearing it

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

• Like 5

Your last point makes me nearly sure that the animating object is physically in the region where the problem occurs.  There are several ways to look for it, but Firestorm's World/Area Search tool may be helpful.

Also World/Show Beacons, with beacons set to show scripted objects could help.

I bet he "dropped" the HUD on the ground rather than Detaching it.

• Like 1

I have had this happen to me before with a swim ao. I would tp to my region and swim, but tp out, and stop.

I wasn't wearing anything.  Do you know what it was?

The ao was dropped on the ground of my land. So you wil need to start searching and hunting for it to delete it,  An ao hud dropped on the ground of your region will cause you to animate on your region, even if you are not wearing it!!

I have this same problem again and now cannot even find the ao on my land!!  Yes this is very frustrating!!  And stupid.  Osgrid dev team, please fix this so that any ao huds that are rezzed out and left on the ground do not animate us!! thank you, 

Annie Wulff

Edited by Kacie Zapedzki
add comment info

If something keeps animating you when you are in a particular region, you've been attacked by an exploit that takes the permission to animate you permanently.  You have a couple of options.

• Find the object and delete it or return it to the owner, if it's on land you own.
  • Don't go to that region any more
  • If you use the Firestorm viewer, go into Avatar/Avatar Health and choose "Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions".  Also, go into Preferences and choose Move and View.  Change the animations permissions setting to "revoke on Sit and Stand."  This may affect the operation of multi-pose furniture, so when using those items, set it back to the Default setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.