Setting Items For Sale Creating Problems Now

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anybody know if there's a viewer that will set items for sale the old way (so that the purchaser right clicks and get the pie menu) as opposed to the newer way in Firestorm (where one hovers over the item for sale and a dollar sign appears, then left clicks to purchase)?

The problem I'm having...I can't set items for sale in a forest now that have interactive features (like a tree with falling leaves, or a bench that rezzes multiple items)  - left clicking brings up the dollar sign instead of the menu I've put in.  I hate putting ugly boxes out beside every single thing for sale in a forest or my store, and want the old system back.

One of my trees with falling leaves even became totally corrupted - I can't get the dollar sign to delete even after setting it to not be for sale - so you can't get a menu for falling leaves anymore no matter what i do to the tree. All I get now when clicking is the dollar sign and the message that the item isn't for sale.

I can't alternate between the old Phoenix viewer and Firestorm anymore as something gets messed up...does anybody know of another viewer that sets items for sale in the old way?  Or will everyone not even comprehend a pie menu as a way to purchase eventually?

Thanks for the responses everyone...

I've tried setting the object for sale with the Touch option and the Buy Object option, but still the customer gets the dollar sign when they left click so they can't rez leaves on a tree or accessories with a bench.

I found the legacy settings under Preferences >>> Firestorm >>>Build....however this only changes the way you set an object for sale (you don't have to hit the apply buton) but it doesn't change the way people can buy it.  They get that stupid dollar sign no matter what I do.

Thanks LL for this lovely improvement!  And thanks for the big prim avatar intersect improvement too so I get to rebuild a lot of my skyboxes because the Demos won't rez for customers. It would be nice to have time to actually create and not fix things this year. END RANT

Hmmm it seems to be working now on new items I set for sale...I wonder if the one tree became corrupted somehow...that has happened before.

Eventually I wonder if people won't comprehend a pie menu anymore and know to right click and choose 'more' and then 'buy'.

I hate dollar signs coming up everywhere too..plus it's so easy for people to accidentally buy things (happens a lot in my store already).

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have a ton of stuff that use touch, and they work if I remember to change the option to touch. 

I'm a little fuzzy at the moment so my brain may not be totally in gear but, to follow up on Luna's question - I understand setting an item to sell on click or touch on click, but is there a way to do both ie. be able to purchase a rezzed item but also be able to touch it to perform some function as well?

ETA: I took another look at the screen shot posted above and think I'm confusing two functions.  So, if I understand this correctly, I check the item for sale plus set "Touch" instead of "Buy."  I think that's where I got into difficulties before.

I am fuzzy too but it looks to me like either or -- either you can buy it or you can touch it to make it do something

I am very much a throwback and use Buy rather than Pay, and love my pie menu, etc.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have a ton of stuff that use touch, and they work if I remember to change the option to touch. 

I'm a little fuzzy at the moment so my brain may not be totally in gear but, to follow up on Luna's question - I understand setting an item to sell on click or touch on click, but is there a way to do both ie. be able to purchase a rezzed item but also be able to touch it to perform some function as well?

ETA: I took another look at the screen shot posted above and think I'm confusing two functions.  So, if I understand this correctly, I check the item for sale plus set "Touch" instead of "Buy."  I think that's where I got into difficulties before.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am fuzzy too but it looks to me like either or -- either you can buy it or you can touch it to make it do something

I am very much a throwback and use Buy rather than Pay, and love my pie menu, etc.

That's what I was afraid of.  I know I've gone to stores where one purchases a copy of the rezzed item and was still able to touch to sit, change textures, etc.  Of course this was awhile ago as I haven't purchased much lately so it was probably via pie chart.

So let me get this straight....the pie chart is gone??????  Great, LL, jussssssstttt great.
:(

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

That's what I was afraid of.  I know I've gone to stores where one purchases a copy of the rezzed item and was still able to touch to sit, change textures, etc.  Of course this was awhile ago as I haven't purchased much lately so it was probably via pie chart.

So let me get this straight....the pie chart is gone??????  Great, LL, jussssssstttt great.

It is gone but with Firestorm you can pretty much have everything like with Phoenix.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

It is gone but with Firestorm you can pretty much have everything like with Phoenix.

Whew!!!  Thanks, Pamela.  Now to figure out what PC I'm going to buy.....

Pamela Galli wrote:

Good luck with your computer, Czari.  I would look at Craig's list, and used ones that you can add memory and change out video cards, too.

Thanks :)  I listed quotes from two PC vendors who build computers as well as a couple prebuilt systems I saw online in the thread "SL for Slower Computers" in General and I'm getting a headache trying to decide which way to go within my budget.  I'm getting a lot of great feedback/suggestions which I truly appreciate, but I'm becoming a bit overwhelmed.  I know there are people who aren't techies who just go buy a PC and enjoy SL....lol.

I did check out Craigslist but, in my area, 99% of the PCs were laptops.  There was one tower described as a "gaming PC" but based on the photo and description, it looked a bit "squirrely."  Haven't made it to Goodwill yet.

Edit: Added location of thread to which I referred

Luna Bliss wrote:

Thanks LL for this lovely improvement!  And thanks for the big prim avatar intersect improvement too so I get to rebuild a lot of my skyboxes because the Demos won't rez for customers. It would be nice to have time to actually create and not fix things this year. END RANT

What are you talking about here Luna - big prim avatar intersect improvement?

In a server update awhile back they made it so a prim or prims with bounding boxes over 64m cannot intersect an avatar during the rezzing process (excluding the owner of the prims). So I have these demos of my holodeck skyboxes that rez multiple scenes where people are sitting on a transport flower (that is also the rezzer of the skyboxes), and on some skyboxes big chunks of them won't rez because they intersect the avatar. They work fine after the customer purchases however, as the prims then belong to the customer (unless they have a friend sitting with them on the flower as the skyboxes rez). It's strange because some prims that are huge rez just fine - like those prims that are the size of something like 8 sims (or maybe more), while others that aren't so big and not even sculpted won't rez. I've found that if I rebuild it and make sure the rotation is at 0,0,0 this fixes it (so far). This is probably specific to the spot I have the skybox in relation to the avatar.

I'm curious as to why they had to change this - were a lot of people getting griefed by big prims and how did they do that? Seems I heard something awhile back. Once I couldn't finish a custom job due to someone placing a big prim over the garden, and that's when I decided not to work on mainland anymore. I can only imagine how the 'creativity' with big prims flourished since those days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.