Photo realistic avatar creator

XueMei DX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I would like to copy my rl face picture in my avatar, i heared there was a sim to do that, but I looked for it and can not find it, does anyone knows if this sim still exists?  Also, i want please to know HOW can i put my face on my avatar without use .PSD files or PhotoShop?

Xuemei 

At one time there was a place in SL that claimed to be able to put your face on your avatar. You would submit a photo, with your hair pulled back to not cover any of your face.

I don't know if they were any good or not; I never tried it. But shortly they were out of business.

A friend had a friend of his create my avi from some pictures - front face, profile of head, front and profile of full body (wearing a bikini). I understand that it was rather difficult and took time, but that person did an excellent job.

You use the sliders in "Edit Appreance" to mimic the shape of your face and facial features, then find a skin, eyes, and perhaps make-up that most closely resembles you. You can by add-on to help - for instance, if you have freckles, you can buy tattoo layer freckles and add them to give your avatar freckles.

I am  not a creator, but I don't know of any way to get your actual face onto your avatar. The SL avatar is a 3D shape, not just a 2D picture. You need both shape and skin to get the complete look. It takes time and patience. You may be able to hire someone to create a custom avatar for you, and you can do as someone else said - take several photos of yourself and send them to the creator, and have that creator try to replicate the photos as closely as possible.

Unfortunately, while I do remember hearing about the place you must be thinking of, I also remember hearing that they are no longer in business. Try posting in the "wanted" section of the forums and see if someone responds who might be interested in helping you with this; but expect to pay them, and the price may be fairly high. ($1000L or more is not uncommon for a regular shape from a store inworld. I'd expect to pay more - at least twice as much, and more than that for something as specific as you want - for custom. Although, realistically, $1000L is only about $5 USD.)

There are a few pieces of software out there designed to take an image and 'wrap' it onto a 3D object appropriately.  Most are a bit too pricey for hobby or one-time use, though.

One of the apps from the Kanae Project, Somato, projects flat textures onto sculpt or OBJ file, and generates the textures.  If you have the right pictures of your face (and a copy of the SL Avatar's head object) you can project your face image onto it and build it yourself.  It may require some editing, due to hidden surfaces and such, but it can be done.  And Somato isn't terribly pricey.  http://kanae.net/secondlife/somato.html

Maybe you heard about "your own mesh head based on RL look". https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Your-own-mesh-head-based-on-real-look/3808405 That would be interesting, and the price is low. I pay that and more for just an outfit. Getting a skin color that match and some way to hide the neck seam would be the only challenge. I haven't tried it myself (too ugly!!) but the reviews is good. And, not much to risk since the price is low.

Also, you can look at this tutorial: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/e1/246059/1.html I find working with images is better than videos. Videos go so fast and I miss steps. Even going back and watching again does not help always. But without Photoshop or Gimp you can't do this. Yo simply can't. But you can find a friend with some PS skills. If he/she follow the tutorial, they should be able to do the job. Or search in the "Wanted" .If you find someone willing, you have to pay.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.