Oculus Rift

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 6 months later...

too bad the guy decided to pretty much abandon the project after teasing he was working on it for the past month.....figures.  Never trust a guy named "cracker hax" i suppose.   Well i HOPE the offical oculus viewer comes out soon as the CEO has said......but we'll see....

• 5 months later...

Yes!!!

I have the Developer version of this awesome piece of tech, and so far am loving it.  I have successfully gotten it to work in SL, both on Windows and Mac- however I hope to see MUCH more development from CtrlAltStudio on the Mac side of things (since that's what I use predominately).  

Wearing the VR gear makes for an entirely new experience InWorld, as it really feels like you are In the World.  The dev version is pretty low-res, so I'm currently debating on making new signage, or just wait till the consumer version comes out, which is supposed to have something like 4000 px, rather than 1200x800 (ish).  Currently, looking at things up close definitely gives that "screen door" effect, but I can look past that.

I am (throughout this month) building our an Island SIM geard toward RIFTers.  So far what I've got is pretty basic, but just walking on one of my floating pathways with the Rift is really cool.  You can look down over the edge and see the water waaay below..  I am a happy neko, indeed.  :)

• 4 months later...

Why in the heck would LL waste time and effort on a medium that only a handful people ever going to use?

Your priority should be make the majority happy by  , for instance, perfecting the group chats!!. Things that benefit the biggest part of the community, instead of these silly, useless gimmicks. You see yourself wearing a headgear like that when its 100 degreesF outside??? Me not!!Come back into reality LL, please , and finally do some effort to make SL better for the majority, instead of rich , spoiled brats and their gimmicks!!! You are aiming for the wrong usergroup for years now.

Come to your senses, pull your heads out of your behinds and finally give us working group chat!!! Like IRC and AOL allready did 20 years ago, for pete's sake!!

If my understanding from that blog posr is correct, the headset is not yet available in shops, in which case, LL is doing a fine job of getting ready for when it becomes available in shops. I can only imagine what using SL with the headset would be like, but what I imagine has made me a convert.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.