Any Spanish Looking avatars

Sephina Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 10 years later...

@BellaaChula

You gotta put together the look as you go.

I asked a similar question a year ago. I was looking for a slight Chicana Mestizo look, more akin to RL me:

In the end my main still looks more or less like what I developed out of that thread:

InputZero_100222_001.thumb.jpg.30578bb984e37da6e9648e36b8162c55.jpg

Tresbeau_Dahlia_Sunkiss.thumb.png.dc885f1cefc55c819c562b52a5b32eec.png

Head: / HEAD / lel EvoX BRIANNON 3.1

Tresbeau Dahlia in Sunkiss with the Velour skins for body.

I find the Gen.X Curvy and eBody reBorn make good bodies for curvy looks though you need to dial reBorn's butt and leg muscle down a lot:
Leg Muscle : 37
Leg Length: 70
Hip Width: 33
Hip Length: 21
Butt Size: 0
Saddle Bags: 15
Torso Muscle: 58
Shoulder: 32
Arm Length: 100
Hand Size: 30
Torso Length: 65
Love Handles: 18
Height: 19
Body Thickness: 0
Body Fat: 3

And I got a deformer to bring the butt in even more. "-Pretty Liars- Flat Ass Level 3" from the set: '-Pretty Liars- eBODY Reborn Deformers'

The thread has a lot of suggestions for different Latin American looks - one of which might work for you.

I've also found that it really helps to find hair that is slightly wavy. I've been using the brand [monso] a lot.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3

You are probably best trying to find a mesh head that is close to what you are wanting as well as a skin.. Then tweaking the adjustments in the sliders to get your features to your liking..

It's a lot of trial and error at first, but once you get used to what the appearance sliders can do, you should  get close to what you are wanting..

To try and hunt down something you want can take a lot of time.. and a lot of times you could have already learned the sliders by then.. hehehe

• Like 2

On 12/22/2012 at 4:08 PM, Sephina Frostbite said:

I am looking for an Avatar that looks Puerto Rican but am having a hard time finding one. I find a lot of tan Caucasian avis but none that are actually Puerto Rican. Id love to have an avatar look like me but one that at least is my race is something I can be happy for. If anyone can point me in the right direction,

So It’s weird but aside from skin tone which is as diverse as all ethnic groups.. I do not know what would separate PR from anyone else…I work with PR, Colombians, people from Mexico and from Venezuela and nothing really separates them except they all speak Spanish… 

so what are you looking for? 

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
Although, my Mexican friends are all shorter and muscular..
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I just realized the OP is from 2012….

Yeah it got bumped by @BellaaChula for the same concern. But that's why I linked my related but more current (last year rather than 11 years) topic. ;)

However Bellaa has also not returned to the topic.

• Like 1

I usually buy medium tone skins (I really like Velour). I make my own "skin toners" in Gimp using the bodies uv maps, upload them to sl and create universal tats that cover body head and ears .. if i have a skin that I like and its orangy, I add one of my skin toners to get rid of the orangy tone. I save a lot of $L doing that. On pale white skins, I add a colored toner to make my skin look like pink fair all the way to dark elf. LOL babbling.. anyway, there you go 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

I usually buy medium tone skins (I really like Velour). I make my own "skin toners" in Gimp using the bodies uv maps, upload them to sl and create universal tats that cover body head and ears .. if i have a skin that I like and its orangy, I add one of my skin toners to get rid of the orangy tone. I save a lot of $L doing that. On pale white skins, I add a colored toner to make my skin look like pink fair all the way to dark elf. LOL babbling.. anyway, there you go 😉

That is a good idea though.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

That is a good idea though.

If you don't have the skills to do that (/waves) look for skins that come with or on a modifiable tattoo layer. Velour's do this, as do the face skins they sell. Several people that make faces that are meant to be used with them also do this, but not all of them.

If you have your skin on a moddable tattoo layer, you can open it and apply a very slight tint.

On my main, using Velour Sunkiss, I tinted the skin with (230,235,230) - which is extremely minor by itself, but on the skin it gave just a slightly browner look.

(Total tangent but - I did the same thing with the 'alt' I use on the forums - that's the velour 'dark elf' tone, with some purple/blue added. You can also get a free 'tinting layer' from nuve - but this "washes out" detail a little. I had applied that to blend purple into brown for the elf I use on the forum, but I kept thinking there was a hazey cloud filter over my SL, until I realized it was the tinting tattoo making my eye see things even beyond my avatar as 'washed out'.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.