Abandoned land listing.

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I never thought of it, but recently one of the new residents asked me this question. "Does Linden Lab maintains a list of all abandoned parcels they selling?". I searched for the answer, but found nothing. It would be a big help for the resident, looking for land if such list would be attached to the search as another option.

Activate 'Land sale' in the world map. Properties on sale are yellow, Auctions are violet.

Activate 'Property Lines' (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P) and or 'Land Owners'.
Your own land or land you have rights to is blue, For sale is orange, Auctions are violet, everything else is red.

And it really doesn't matter, if you buy from LL or another resident/landlord, what matters in my view is price, size and location,
as tier goes always to LL.

In v3 style new search you can still search for the cheap land like this:

Open search, then activate the "Land & Rentals" tab. (not the drop down menu but the actual tab) then click the small green link "view all land and rentals" near the top right corner.

Now you should be able to limit the search to some desired price range from the left side of the search window. And limit it to mainland from the drop down menu. And/Or you can just sort the list by L$/m2 and you will find the cheapest lands. Many of them are actually cheaper than abandoned land.

But are you sure you want the land to be just cheap? If you plan to live on the land, you might want the neighborhood and the location to be nice and comfy. Personally im happy to buy more expensive lands to get a nice place. Buying the land hurts only once, but paying the monthly tier hurts lot less if you have a nice place. Nowdays i just open the world map, toggle the map to highlight land sales in yellow, and then look for places for sale that look potentially nice on the map. When i find potential shore spot on my favorite continent(s). Ill just TP there to see how the place actually is.

Happy hunting. Nowdays we have piles of awesome spots for sale in mainland, with reasonable price.

Demian Arbizu wrote:

Isn't it policy now to sell abandoned lots, so logically there should be no auctions.

Logical yes, but there are still a -LOT- of them.

I think this happens when somebody puts in a ticket for an older abandoned lot that isn't up for sale. Instead of putting it for sale, they'll often auction it (and this makes me seriously question their database - because with any normal database the moment they made a policy to sell abandoned land, a 5 minute query should have been able to list every abandoned lot in all of SL for sale).

Other times, it seems to happen to lots that I had thought were owned... but I've not yet seen it on one such that I was tracking so I can't be sure.

The majority of auctions get at least 1 bidder. Though its no longer all of them like it used to be. By contrast many for sale abandoned lots seem to get no attention and just sit there. Often because there's a reason (blight build usually, or bad land cut) nearby... but just as often an amazing lot will sit there and collect dust...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping to find the same information - searching for parcels using map is very ineffecient. My impression is Lindens doe NOT include "abandoned land for sale" because 1) they are embarrased by how much there is (not to mention the abandoned land that is not for sale) 2) that it might seem unfair competition to to landowner trying to sell land 3) perhaps it gives local residents a better cahnce to purchase adjacent land

If any one knows how to find the linden abandoned land for sale other than using map. please let me know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.