Griefer Object Alert

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rather to my surprise, my alt ended up with one of those the other day.   

She's normally very good about not accepting stuff from strangers, and she doesn't have many friends -- just me and my business partner -- but she had just returned from grabbing some free hairs and skins from a promotion someone was doing, and all I can think of is that she accepted it by accident when she was rezzing at this busy store and being spammed with group invitations, LMs, notecards and heaven knows what.

This happens more often than you think, but this is probabily one of those mass distribution of griefer attacks.

I agree with the Do Not Rez if you don't know where it came from, sadly sometimes someone is a newbie and gets lied to by a griefer, or troll ,and ends up crashing a sim or giving out stolen content because they rez an object and get banned, or suspended.

If you accidently Rez a griefer object and grief a simulator you may attempt to remove it, but if its already self replicated and its too late, and you get suspended please file an appeal to Linden Lab explian exactly what happend to you, and they can check the logs to see who gave you the item and ask you do not rez it again, then when you get your account back simply immediately remove the item from your inventory.

If you Attatched the item to yourself you may have to tell Linden Lab this so they can remove it for you.

Note that the Item Names of the griefing objects can change at any time, so its not limited to those described in the article.

Also for those who report griefers.

I hope that you are aware of this so you don't blame a newbie to Second Life for griefing.

When I report a griefer, I do more than report.

1. Check Profile, and Account Age.

2. Determine if it was an accidental Rez of an object.

3. If it was you may file an abuse report, but make sure to Let Linden Lab know it was an accidental Rez of something they had from a griefer.

Its always nice to help a community out in Second Life, but reporting and getting people banned for being a newbie, or for accidental griefing isn't really helping.

(Also for the more experienced users.)

These griefer attacks can be backed up via CopyBot, and on a Griefer Makers computer so even if one gets blacklisted by Linden Lab, all they have to do is import the objects, and insert scripts again, or possibly using a view with an automatic importer to import and copybot their own griefer attacks in a non scritped area for mass destribution of griefer attacks with many diffrent inventory asset keys to avoid and circumvent blacklist. Basically it works similar to the Emerald, and Phoenix Bridge.

• 3 months later...

i have beeh spammed by -[L4L]- and I found the object at 228,24,1846 over Bertaggia. I tried to delete or block it but it does not work and moves when I try to get closer.  it varies its altitude from about 1800 meters to 4000 meters, it doesn't move much in x and y, x: 225 to 240, y: 25 to 30. Does anyone know how to delete it? Also the  spammer is sending spam in my name and other people here are muting me. I need to ge this fixed.

Linda Moleno wrote:

i have beeh spammed by -[L4L]- and I found the object at 228,24,1846 over Bertaggia. I tried to delete or block it but it does not work and moves when I try to get closer.  it varies its altitude from about 1800 meters to 4000 meters, it doesn't move much in x and y, x: 225 to 240, y: 25 to 30. Does anyone know how to delete it? Also the  spammer is sending spam in my name and other people here are muting me. I need to ge this fixed.

Are you the owner of the object?  Did you rez it?  Also, do you have land rights where the object is rezzed?

There is an oddd quirk we've seen, though not in a while, where blocking an object did not work.  You actually have to mute the owner themself (asssuming you are not the owner).

Deleting the object would require getting some one who has land rights to delete it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.