Contest Kudos I want to know where mine went

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Since our Community Manager (whoever that is hiding behind the curtain...) won't post the rules, here's Google's cached copy, for anybody that is interested:

Thank you Grifffin.

See, it wont work with my memory alone, I messed up the sizes. So my apologies to Loki, the winning pic does meet the sizes as stated in the rules, I previously stated his was not according to rules, this is not true. My bad.

I may need to check mine, am not sure what the size exactly is but not sure if I can be bothered as this whole socalled contest has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Caity if the photo is the same size as on FB it was not the size but date taken that decided the exclusion. The FB photo is 344x500

Really..I never read it as such, that the actual photo had to be shot in a specific timeframe. LOL. I read it as : take a pic (as in..take it from a folder or make it..!!). Hahahahah! Oh my...and: oh well. I still do not know if that is the reason btw...it is still only guessing and I find it tiresome.

Agreed Caity... it would be so easy for them to send at the very least a reason to you and Bella why your photos were removed. But I still want my kudo credit..lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Agreed Caity... it would be so easy for them to send at the very least a reason to you and Bella why your photos were removed. But I still want my kudo credit..lol

YOU...YOU...YOU....

It's all about YOU isn't it, Argus??? *heavy sigh!!* :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

thanks! Seems like these are the seminal rules:

How to Enter:
Between the hours of 12:00 p.m. Pacific on October 15, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific, October 31, 2012
take a picture that fits the contest theme. Upload your image in jpeg or png format to the contest.

Images must be free of text and logo, and
no larger than 500x500 pixels in size
Images should be unaltered by any external photo editing tool except for sizing the image.

Caity has said her photo was larger and I believe Bella took her photo before the contest started.. still they should have been told
before
voting started so that our kudos were not disallowed. I want my kudo credit
:P

While it IS at least good news to learn that the removals were probably not due to personal vendettas or something equally ugly, the handling really was atrocious. Done properly, I'd have thought non-qualifying images could have been rejected almost as soon as they were entered (with an explanation to the owner). At the very least that should have happened before voting started as you suggest. What a shame.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

How to Enter:
Between the hours of 12:00 p.m. Pacific on October 15, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific, October 31, 2012
take a picture that fits the contest theme. Upload your image in jpeg or png format to the contest.

Images should be unaltered by any external photo editing tool except for sizing the image.

Caity has said her photo was larger and I believe Bella took her photo before the contest started.. still they should have been told
before

While it IS at least good news to learn that the removals were probably not due to personal vendettas or something equally ugly,
the handling really was atrocious. Done properly, I'd have thought non-qualifying images could have been rejected almost as soon as they were entered (with an explanation to the owner). At the very least that should have happened before voting started as you suggest. What a shame.

Err..... the bolded part.

Yes, I am convinced that is excactly what happened and  why mine and Bella's pic got removed. Alas, this is hard to really prove, and I am not getting myself (my account and anyone else involved included) in any more trouble than I am already am, so I will leave it to speculations and such.

Just this: Oh yeah dearie....., I know and nope I won't forgive nor forget.(this is not directed to Dillon)

Caity

An interesting turn of events this is....

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

How to Enter:

before

While it IS at least good news to learn that the removals were probably not due to personal vendettas or something equally ugly,
the handling really was atrocious. Done properly, I'd have thought non-qualifying images could have been rejected almost as soon as they were entered (with an explanation to the owner). At the very least that should have happened before voting started as you suggest. What a shame.

Err..... the bolded part.

Yes, I am convinced that is excactly what happened and  why mine and Bella's pic got removed. Alas, this is hard to really prove, and I am not getting myself (my account and anyone else involved included) in any more trouble than I am already am, so I will leave it to speculations and such.

Just this: Oh yeah dearie....., I know and nope I won't forgive nor forget.

Caity

Something strikes me here as odd:

First: "How to Enter:Between the hours of 12:00 p.m. Pacific on October 15, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific, October 31, 2012"

How do you ensure that? EXIF-Data is easy to change and Filedates are not reliable either, especially after resizing.
So that can only be checked, if a fitting data constellation is found in the logfiles. Aside from the fact, that finding this
data is an effort, that would take months, possibly even years, (> 28000 sims), it isn't even sure, these logfiles exist.

Second: "no larger than 500x500 pixels in size"

An automated check that can be done during upload. If the site is php-powered, the GD-library has functions for that.

At the end we have a rule, that cannot be enforced, another one that could have been automated
and as Dillon Levenque rightfully observed, an atrocious handling of the case.

How long does Linden Lab exists? Enough time to learn, how to handle a contest correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.