can i get some help?

tyr567

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im looking for a tip jar script that takes 50% of the tips and pays the club its being used for?  any ideas on where i can get one?   so for example if a person tips a dancer 100Linden the dancer gets 50 linden and the club gets 50 linden as well.

8 answers to this question

Good luck finding dancers at all with that hefty deduction o.O Normal is that dancers keep 80% of their tips, at least. With the stupidly high number of clubs offering the 80% - 20% rule of thumb I'd really like to know which individuals would go for 50% - 50% o.O for scientific research.

There are many who take 20% (I wouldn't work for that...tips are low enough today and at the same time clubs require the dancer to have quite a lot outfits and a decent avatar..., also a club will never pay itself. Not even if you take 100% from the tips).

But there are also quite many who take only 10% or nothing.

So....the situation is as described: If you plan to hire staff don't offer conditions that are more worst than in all the other clubs in SL. The only people you might get would be newbies, who don't know about the business already.

Heck when I started dancing the clubs took 0% of my tips. :) I actually quit dancing when everyone seemed to want some of my tips.......even just a 5% take. The way I figured it was that I (along with all the other dancers) were the single reason for the patrons coming to the club.........without us dancers that club would have a very tiny group of patrons (if they had any patrons at all). Sure they invested some real money in the club.........but they absolutely had to know a club in SL is a labor of love (there is no money in it and there never was any money in it..........which is why most of the more popular an sucessful clubs had shops adjacent to the club).

Times have changed..............heck I don't even go to clubs anymore let alone dance in one. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.