How do i get people not breaking into my home :( ???

LatinMexy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This post makes me so sad. I'm sorry...just feeling very SLold this morning. Yes, you can lock your door.  But that won't keep people out. You can buy all manner of security devices which are more effective. Ugly red ban lines are another way to go.

But...

Let me just make a suggestion, tiny, tiny suggestion. Instead of doing any of those things, make friends instead. My sl house is something I'm very proud of and loooove, when people drop in unexpectedly. They tell me how fabulous my taste is and I pretend to be modest. A good time is had by all.

Even better, some of my best friends are people who have just wandered in. You'll find, if you haven't already, that it can be tough to meet people and make friends in SL. It can be kind of nice when they just wander in off the street.

I do recommend locking up the sex bed though. That can be an awkward way to meet new BFF's.

Thanks for taking the time ! :matte-motes-smile:

I do love having people around and making friends just like yourself, but I go ou a lot to do that :matte-motes-sarcasm: my own home id like it with a little privacy for myself, after all is the only place in the SL World I have if I want to get some privacy.

Touhgt I see what your talking about and totally dig this big friendship aura youve got :matte-motes-delicious:

Thank you youre very nice !

You have two options.

One is to restrict access in About Land, under the access tab.  Please note this creates the unsightly and oft hated 'ban lines.'  See the Wiki.  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113#Section_.10

The other option is to obtain a Security Orb.  You can find these on the Market Place.  Some are free and some with extra features may cost.  Many people prefer the Security Orb solution.

Also, please note, if you have "Adult" furniture, if the parcel is on Moderate Rated Land, you are supposed to also enable Parcel Privacy.  That is also discussed in th eWiki.

Aww thank you. You were very sweet right after I committed one of my own forum pet peeves. It drives me crazy when a someone asks a question and people start chiming in with reasons why the original poster shouldn't want the thing they're asking for.

And yet, you were very nice after I did just that thing to you *grin*. Everyone has to design their own experience in this crazy, down-the-rabbit-hole virtual world.  Have a wonderful time. :smileyhappy:

I've had the security orb on my house in the past, but I took it off.  I guess for me, I'm fine with people hanging out at my house.  Like previous people have said, often times you get complimented.  I just set return items to a minute so they can't leave their rez garbage laying around.  Or you could turn that part of it off completely.

Musetta Fieschi wrote:

But...

Let me just make a suggestion, tiny, tiny suggestion. Instead of doing any of those things, make friends instead. My sl house is something I'm very proud of and loooove, when people drop in unexpectedly. They tell me how fabulous my taste is and I pretend to be modest. A good time is had by all.

Even better, some of my best friends are people who have just wandered in. You'll find, if you haven't already, that it can be tough to meet people and make friends in SL. It can be kind of nice when they just wander in off the street.

I do recommend locking up the sex bed though. That can be an awkward way to meet new BFF's.

That is a fantastic way to think about it.  Not too much harm ever came from people wandering into my homes, if nothing else it adds a little excitement to the day.

Most people are very nice and polite about it when you find them in your home, no harm done.

Two notable occasions come to mind.

One time I found a couple had wandered into my home and decided to take a spin on my bed.  I was in the next room and apparently they didn't notice I was there.  I just let the interlude continue as I listened to them getting busy, and let it go on for quite a while.  And right at the point it was getting really steamy for them, I ejected them both.

Another time I had come home to my skybox and found that someone had decorated my walls with moving textures resembling the streaming code from "The Matrix" movie, and a note saying, The Matrix has you.   I suppose I forgot to check No build.

Still no harm done.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

One time I found a couple had wandered into my home and decided to take a spin on my bed.  I was in the next room and apparently they didn't notice I was there. 
I just let the interlude continue as I listened to them getting busy, and let it go on for quite a while.  And right at the point it was getting really steamy for them, I ejected them both.

(Emphasis mine)

Priceless!!!!

I recall reading a post on this topic years ago where the poster placed tip jars in strategic places around the house - I would imagine next to a sex bed would be one good location. ;)

mew mew ma mew  ベジタリズム

sa sa 

I have a few good stories about unexpected vistors that this little ol post has recalled, but nowadays, if i tp home and some odd newby is standing in the corner looking all scary and well newbie, its just into the ocean with them.

Now for something completly to cute, a song about liking vegetables: 

Becarefull, highly addictive it may become

A security orb is good but people can still look at everything you have and click on things as they stand outide your parcel. I would just make a cube that expands and covers your entire house when you are away and contracts to a tiny size when you are there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.