Is it possible? - a five flat faced sculptie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi -

I know you can torque a prim to get 5 forward facing faces... and I know that you can make a mesh panel with up to 8 perfectly flat forward facing faces..    But is it possible to have sculptie, like a mesh panel, that has 5 or more perfectly flat forward facing faces, that will take a texture without distortion????

A mesh maker told me that it was possible, but said he did not have time to do it for me.    On marketplace I can find lots of mesh panels like this, but cannot find any sculpties like this to buy.     Can anyone tell me if it is possible, and if so where I might be able to purchase a full perm one for a project I am working on.

Many thanks!

Sculpties would only be able to do this if you applied the texture via UV map out side of SL. Mesh would be much more preferable for this. You can apply it in-world and it will have the same impact as a sculpty would if its just a simple mesh. Sculpty could work, but would be much more frustrating to create the texture. Making it would a sculpt you might as well just slap a texture with 5 different panels on to a cubed prim.

• Like 1

It is supposedly possible, here's a link to a discussion about it click here.  It is the ninth message when everyone beats the OP over the head enough that they finally give up the details.

The summary is you export the sculpty as an xml file and hack it to gene splice a torus into it then import it back.  A lot of hassle just to be stubbornly anti-mesh.

Months ago the number of users and the total hours of login time for people with mesh capable viewers went well over 90%. Worrying about people not being able to see mesh at this point, is just silly. However, they are the client.

Sculpties can have 1 face and 1 texture.See the Wiki: Sculpted Prims and Sculpty FAQ

Q. Can I texture a Sculpted Prim just like a regular one?
  • Yes. Each sculpted prim has one texture face. The texture space of a sculpted prim is defined by the sculpt texture.

Knutz Scorpio links to a hack that will allow you to use more than one texture. The problem is you never know when the Lindens will do something that breaks the hack. 

I suggest you show the client the FAQ. If the client wants to go ahead, make sure the client understands you are not guaranteeing the thing to NEVER break.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.