July 20th, 1969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Astronaut Neil Armstrong just passed away. Question to all of those who were born in these ancient times (:D) do you remember the event? Where were you and what where you doing when Armstrong put his feet on the moon? I personally remember my Dad waiking me me up in the middle of the night (I think it was around 3 AM in France) to watch this moment live. Lol, I'm just hoping I'm not the only one being old enough here to have such memories!!!.

Armstrong_G1.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

Astronaut Neil Armstrong just passed away. Question to all of those who were born in these ancient times (
:D
) do you remember the event? Where were you and what where you doing when Armstrong put his feet on the moon? I personally remember my Dad waiking me me up in the middle of the night (I think it was around 3 AM in France) to watch this moment live. Lol, I'm just hoping I'm not the only one being old enough here to have such memories!!!.

That is a lovely memory, Val. And although I am born in the sixties...in July '69 I was only two years old, so nope I don't remember this event happening live :)

This pic is not remasterized. I have a very accurate remembrance of this photo on the front cover of a well know French magazine. I remember very well being amazed by the quality of the photograph. The live video was indeed greyish and blurred, but not the stillshots. It's amazing how little the art of photography has evolved over the past 50 years (and even way back) despite the digital technologies. 0000 and 11111 are not so much a great progress compared to good old silver film... :smileyhappy:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

If you remember the event, thenyou have to be atleast in your late 40's and up lol. Now we know how old some of you are. :matte-motes-delicious:

I was 2 years old. Not too much to remember then lol. Except where was my binkie

Hehe Dil, it does show my age but ohmy, what a wonderful moment to remember! Ya know, sort of "once unpon a time, we still had dreams.........." Lol, sorry, sounding like an old thing here

I remember watching it. It was the day after my eleventh birthday and it was amazing. I was in a small town in Oklahoma as my dad was still in Korea. My dad never beleived they went to the moon...but he didn't beleive in dinosaurs either cause the Bible never mentions them. Shakes head. I don't care if this dates me...I am better than ever and my life is the best!

Star

I do remember this. This was the reason for my parents to finally buy a (second hand) TV, their very first! This shows how spectacular it was (or expected to be at least) I guess. And yes Valerie, my parents woke me up as well that specific night, a couple of weeks before my ninth birthday :smileyvery-happy:

Awww...hugs back to you :)

I know some of you can't relate, not being from the US, but that was a time when we showed and felt our patriotism, still sang the national anthem in the theatres, etc.  It was indeed a proud moment for all of humanity, but also for us americans...things kind of went downhill from there in the decades to follow :(

valerie Inshan wrote:

Astronaut Neil Armstrong just passed away. Question to all of those who were born in these ancient times (
) do you remember the event? Where were you and what where you doing when Armstrong put his feet on the moon? I personally remember my Dad waiking me me up in the middle of the night (I think it was around 3 AM in France) to watch this moment live. Lol, I'm just hoping I'm not the only one being old enough here to have such memories!!!.

I was 9 years old (10 on october) but I remember perfectly the moment. All the family watching the TV, and my mother waking the brothers for to see the moment of the man in the moon. And then chocolate and biscuits. As a party ;)

Edited for typo: p years, no 9 tears LOL

I vividly remember watching it. My whole family watched it together.  In fact it was the ONLY time we were allowed to have food in front of the TV growing up so we wouldn't miss a second of it.  It was a HUGE event.  My dad even set up two cameras, one in front of our tv to record the actual event and another of the us watching it to record our amazement.  :matte-motes-agape:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.