Another twist on delivery issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok here is a nice scenario:

Customer buys a product and receives the item BUT accidentally declines the object.

Customer contacts merchant and asks for a redelivery on an Item she did not receive.

Merchant checks to find Failed transaction - Not Paid - Unavailable for delivery

Merchant suggests for client to file a ticket for a refund.

Customer files ticket and says she accidentally declined the item and wants a refund

LL Support tells customer to ask the merchant for a redelivery and only if merchant does not respond for a long time to file a ticket for a forced redelivery.

Customer contacts merchant and wants the item redeliverd because LL said to do that

Merchant explains to customer he cannot redeliver because the order was never paid for and link for redelivery is not active

Customer threatens merchant with bad reviews on other other items purchased because merchant is not redelivering the product or refund the money.

Merchant tells customer to go ahead and report Merchant or give email address for Proof of transaction history

Merchant gets ignored and waits for a bunch of 1 Star bombs to hit lol

Now What?

I'd ask the customer for the transaction number, and then put in the ticket your self for them with their transactions number  and the failed deliver notice, in the ticket I'd ask LL how will a declined deliver show up in the merchants records, and if the customer is still charged. LL may tell you that the customer needs to put in the ticket, Now you have a response from LL to show the customer, so it's not just your word against theirs, and it shows your taking steps to solve the problem.  If LL can't answer what happen to a deliver like this or their answer is not a good one, this might be a case for a JIRA ether there's a bug to be fixed or a situation that needs to be fool proofed to prevent this from happening again, such as declined delivery's automatically get a refund. 

Meh - customer's lying/confused about declining since the order didn't get past the payment stage to be delivered and is clearly a scumbag making threats now anyway, so I wouldn't be believing anything they're saying about instructions from LL either. Bottom line, they haven't been charged so they can buy it again or go away.

Just keep an eye out for harrassing reviews on the products they have and do a ticket to get them removed when/if they appear.

Since I almost always side with the customer, I'd say that this could be due to LL's very fragmented underlying architecture.

We've seen instances where the item was delivered yet the merchant wasn't paid and the delivery status showed as pending. The unicode in listing names was one such example.

In fact because of the way that the discontiguous database tables and processes appear to work, i'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often. It wouldn't happen AT ALL if there was no payment intermediary in the form of Commerce Linden that totally breaks the chain of transactions. I documented this and asked for its removal as part of the Direct Delivery process in JIRA WEB-4508 but it was closed as "will not finish". I didn't expect it to be changed, there's no resource or motivation to do this but it would totally solve the issue of transactions and lack of trust.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

And LL wonders why they can't keep new residents. I've said it before. Their most important job is to just take the dang money, and they can't even do that right. Everything else, we can handle.

LL are very good at taking the money - the problem is getting them to pass it on where necessary (remember the days when people complained they used to take double tier and refuse to give it back and if they went to their credit card provider for a recall LL would suspend the account? I suppose at least that doesn't happen any more ) or give value when it's given for a service.

LL makes the rules, no matter how egregious.

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Meh - customer's lying/confused about declining since the order didn't get past the payment stage to be delivered and is clearly a scumbag making threats now anyway, so I wouldn't be believing anything they're saying about instructions from LL either. Bottom line, they haven't been charged so they can buy it again or go away.

Just keep an eye out for harrassing reviews on the products they have and do a ticket to get them removed when/if they appear.

It is well documented that transactions that show as failed and unpaid on the merchants end resulted in a charge to the customer who does not receive a refund unless they file a ticket. My guess is that the item does get delivered because the complaints about these transactions are rare. Only if a customer does not receive the item for some reason will they contact the merchant.

VonGklugelstein Alter wrote:

It is well documented that transactions that show as failed and unpaid on the merchants end resulted in a charge to the customer who does not receive a refund unless they file a ticket. My guess is that the item does get delivered because the complaints about these transactions are rare. Only if a customer does not receive the item for some reason will they contact the merchant.

Sure, I know it happens - just going by your original statement that customer managed to avoid providing proof of purchase...

5% commission alone doesn't cover the Beer and Swag fund. You know it doesn't come from love machine bonuses and investigating bugs is thirsty work!

This is called disruptive ecommerce. Your content, your time, your bug reports, an occassional item for the B&S fund, your texture and mesh upload fees, your tier, your fees on L$ purchase and cash-outs, etc.

In a way, negative reviews are a badge of honor and a show of support.

Disputing these involuntary donations is a bit selfish, don't you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.