Camera control

harliew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have asked you all for help before on this question when  it was post as viewer control and your solutions did not work and that's most likely because I gave out the wrong information on the problem and I want to try it again. The problem is in the camera control in my Phoenix 's viewer. I'm viewing my avatar from an upward angle instead of viewing my avatar from behind and that's all I can see even when I'm walking my avatar. Looks like my camera control in stuck in the mouselook in an upward position..I hope this information will help  solve this problem.

5 answers to this question

Hi again harliew. The answers given to you in your previous question were precisely referring to Phoenix. If the fixes already suggested didn't help at all, you may consider doing a clean reinstall of Phoenix viewer. This will restore all the default settings, including the camera ones.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall

There are some great articles by Penny Patton on camera position, scale, and proportion in SL.

Camera Position Tips is where I embellished a bit on Panny's tips. Penny's original article is here: Second Life Camera Position Tips. A related article by Penny is here: A Matter of Perspective. I have my spin on the problem and link to several articles in: #SL Crusade for Good Looks

The settings controls are in Debug Settings: CameraOffsetRearView and FocusOffsetRearView. The CameraOff... positions the camera. The FocusOff... sets where the camera is looking. These values change the camera position and look-at-point for the default view, what you see when you press ESC.

The view that your viewer uses is controlled by a bottom(?) menu/button, VIEW. You can select front, rear, or side. There are Debug Settings to control each view.

If you read the articles, you'll find there is a bit of move in SL to get more realistically proportioned avatars in SL. If one uses the basic viewer settings then avatars tend to be 6-foot tall and taller. There are lots of advantages to having realistically sized avatars. It even helps the giant avatars look bigger for those that like giants.

Note: A Clean Install is a bit drastic for resetting your settings. I think it is much quicker and safer to rename or delete the viewer's settings.xml file and let the viewer create a new file using all the viewer defaults, which are based on your graphics card. The file is in C:\Users\[win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings-[viewer_name_version].xml

press alt key and hold it. then press and aim for a person or a prim and then press and hold the button thats used in FPS games to shoot stuff. thats it. basicly its holding alt and click while moving the mouse on your keypad. it works on all viewers. hope it helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.