Anyone heard about a new griefing tool

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Griefed_Small.jpgHello Everyone,

I was griefed last night by someone. They used a whole bunch of objects on me that seemed to be attached to my avi.  It seemed like I was wearing some sort of orbiter, a deformer, and something that looked like it put a smiley face in the bottom of my screen. 

As I tried to detach things one by one there were other items attached to my Avi. Something with luminous tubes..And a whole bunch of other things I didn't really get to pat attention to as I was bouncing up and down in orbit as well as detaching things that just reappeared on my avi. (and of course swearing like a sailor). By the way...I logged out and logged back in and still the items were griefing me. I was only able to remove the griefing items by completely removing everything in my worn inventory items. 

1. This what I want to know.....Any one know the name of this griefing tool.....
  2. How the hell did it attach to my Avi with out my knowledge. (I did not accept any items) 

Now here is my theory. There was 6 people in the Sim, normally a quite remote sim.  One person on my land, who is a friend. I suspect my friend...but he denies it.....I want to gather as much information about this tool, the item not the friend, so I can challenge him... And swear at him some more. :matte-motes-zipped:

Anyone have any knowledge of this experience.

Thank you in advance 

(edit) I just logged on again and it seems all the items are reattched !!! Jeeezzz...........I cant report it because i dont know who? How? or Why? 

Thanks Dilbert,

At least I will know to do this in future. I have been on SL for over a year and never experienced such an aggressive grief attack before. Plus it was Am in RL and I was sleepy as well as bouncing through the stratosphere..........so not really think logically.. Next time I will definitely check Bumps...

Thank you for your help 

:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Oooh..is that........bacon?

And I don't even want to know what those pink things are.

Perhaps you could look through your local chat logs and see if anything in there gives a clue as to whose items these are. Clicking and inspecting objects is the best way to do it, as it gives the owner and creator, but I know how hard that can be to do under heat of fire.

If the objects are reattaching, then there is probably something left over on the land belonging to the griefer. If it's your land, check the objects on it in the "about land" tab and see who has objects there. Phoenix viewer is helpful as it has an area search tool that locates prims based on name, and owner, so that you might be able to find the object, do an inspect on it, and find out more about it.

Setting a short return time on the land will send this back to the owner, and stop it recurring (I hope).

And mmmmm...baaaaacooooooon... :P

It's not a new griefing tool, but seems to be one of the "spells" HUDs that are available on Second Life Marketplace.  The people who use them, do so at their own risk, and really should only do so on friends, or at parties, with permission, otherwise it is griefing rather than fun spells.  These HUDs can be set to select one avatar or a whole sim full of avatars, and they don't even need to be within range of them, and they can be set to stealth mode, so it becomes virtually impossible to detect who is responsible for casting a spell on you.

Some examples of spell HUDs:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Empower-Magick-Spellcasting-HUD-v5-Deluxe-Pack/1550168

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ultima-HUD-3-R-Evolution-Spell-Combat-HUD/1139226

The body parts look like zombies that explode into masses of bloody body parts when they make contact with anything. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SasTech-Noob-Zombie-Rezzer/88146

All can be a lot of fun... in the right context.

Beachlover Emolite wrote:

(edit) I just logged on again and it seems all the items are reattched !!! Jeeezzz...........I cant report it because i dont know who? How? or Why? 

If you don't know the offender's name, choose "Governor Linden" as a placeholder and explain in the report details. (from the KB: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065#Section_.2 ).

I think I might have been running round - Onigokko-style - when that photo was taken (it was wayyy back in 2009 so my memory is getting a little hazy about it now).  The excitement might have been caused by my then partner's state of undress, especially his "handle with care" underpants (although I really doubt that and am laughing in RL at the memory of those - if ever a bloke got his wear out of a pair of undercrackers :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: )

I miss the monster, even now. I loved that monster. And you noticed his little heart - not many people noticed the little heart (although they were usually being chased off the sim at the time LOLs)

Looks more like a rather annoying but common bug where everything one folder up from your current inventory folder tries to attach, rather than griefing.

- The only way to clean this is to item by item detach it all, looking in the 'currently worn' folder that will show it all, and not just what you can see on screen. Can take a long time and several relogs to clear it all.

Any orbiting and such was likely done to you by yourself as a result of one of the things the bug caused to attach to you.

16 wrote:

if the stuff is attaching then is most likely this

Yeah, that's definitely what I thought, too. And that would be worrisome because AFAIK that's still disabled on all the Agni regions where it was installed this week. And we all remember the fun times the last time they tried installing llTeleportAgent().

But the thread seems to have decided it's some old spellcasting junk. Sure hope that's right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.