Cloud Party - Facebooks newest venture to kill SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this Fb VR is anything like FB and it's zombies, it will be the most boring VR imagineable.

Can you imagine a FB VR? people would be eating dinner with the family, taking the kids to little league, breaking up with their B/F, and all the other mundane boring crap.

FB zombies do not have imaginations. Their avatars would be as fat and ugly as the RL person. And you know if someone dared imagine, FB would make a rule against that. They would say you do not resemble your avatar or something.

Cyberextruder once had some machine where you could put your RL face on your avatar. It was in avatar island. Cyberextruder just might have a shot if they tried on FB. I mean those zombies cannot imagine that their actual looks are horrid and their lives are super boring.

Granted SL players KNOW our lives are typically pretty boring but we can at least admit that and create a VR life where we are beautiful and rich.

FB just sucks and what really sucks is it is being crammed down our throats at every turn.

jejejejejjeje (:

+

on the first time thru the vid what the lady and dude in the interview seems to be missing is that heaps and heaps and heaps of people posts dumb stuff about themselfs. not just on FB but all over

when this generation and them following are in a postion to actual run for the White House then nobody will give a chit what they did when they was young. like people will be more tolerant. more honest about other people and themselfs. bc they done and posted dumb chit as well

any opponent that try to attack ad someone over this in 2040 is going to be seen as a creeper and a weirdo. specially if they also try say they never done any dumb chit themselfs

+

on the second time thru then can see they are not missing the point at all 

this is good news for many virtual content creators and digital artists, I'd like to try this new virtual world in the near future.

if SL have more competitors, LL would probably be willing to improve services and take responsibilities for issues like this Marketplace case, and maybe then they would be willing to ban copybots because they'll finally find LL itself becomes the victim of content piracy.

If users of other virtual worlds can easily steal virtual contents from SL and upload them to another virtual world, and if another virtual world can provide its users better services and copyright protection, I'll be glad to give up SL to prevent my works from being ripped by shameless content thefts in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.