SIR FATMANS FEAST

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

That actually sounds pretty good but I'd substitute the sour cream with mayonaise (yeah that heart attack stuff
:)
).  I'd also put some onions and celery in it for crunch. 

Now we're getting somewhere, Peggy.

Griffin, what if we replace the tuna with chicken?

No wait Peggy, you'd use mayo instead of sour cream, are you nuts?!

Noodles, spaghetti and macaroni are supposed to be pale beige........not green or orange or yellow.  Spinache is green.  Carrots are orange.  Corn is yellow.  Noodles are pale biege.  :)  Want ii visually appealing, add spinache, carrots, or corn (and olives, and onions, and green peppers, and red peppers, and...and.........you get the picture :) ).

When I want some color, I reach for the food coloring. There's nothing like red/white(okay pale beige)/blue pasta salad on the 4th of July!

I do like red onion, red/green/orange/yellow peppers, eggplant strips for purple and mushrooms and chicken for white, all marinated in lime juice, olive oil, garlic and black/red pepper and then tossed on the grill. I cook till there's a few black grill marks on everything, then lay it all on wild rice or pasta.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

I'm not finicky..........I like most all foods (vegetables especially) but, darn it, a noodle is a noodle.  And a noodle should look like a noodle...not some weird colored cork screwy, soggy, limp green thing in my salad  LOL.

So you prolly wouldn't approve of pasta in autumn colors shaped like leaves? Or orange pumpkins and black spiders? Or green Xmas trees and red bells? Or pink and purple bunnies and eggs? There are countless ways to ruin pasta!

I'd pass on the pasta completely.   Shredded roasted chicken breast, crushed pineapple, chopped celery, slivered almonds, craisins (sun dried cranberries).  Mixed with just a touch of buttermilk ranch dressing.   Piled generously between two slices of homemade whole wheat bread.  With carrot sticks on the side and a cup of crab soup.  Finished off with a scoop of Raspberry Sorbet.   In fact, that's precisely  what I made for dinner last night.  :smileyhappy:

Red maples and aspen trees have the prettiest autumn colors.........but I really don't think those leaves would taste very good in my salad.  :)  Pumpkin might be good (I don't know).  But if there's a spider in my salad it's in the trash.......after a healthy dose of insect spray!!!  The rest are just candy.......and I'm not very big on candy (unless it's a Payday bar :) ).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.