WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MP?

Shayna Korobase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't uploaded anything new in a while because the MP was acting funny before but now?.... OMG.... buttons not clicking for starters. It makes adding to or editing my store impossible.

My message to the Lindens: I have been selling products through you for 5 years now and this is the absolute worse it's ever been. I know you are trying to implement a new system but do you realize how bad you are effecting our businesses? People are pulling out of the MP every day. Fix it please!

I am basically having the same problems with adding new products to the marketplace.  I had went a month or so without uploading anything because it took me the better part of an afternoon to add 4 new products, which should have taken me 10 minutes tops.  I have been selling on the marketplace for about 4 years now, so it isn't as if this is rocket science.  But the constant errors, pages not loading and work you have entered disappearing is outrageious and frustrating to say the least!

After a month of waiting for things to be "fixed", I again attempted to add a few items and spent an evening in frustration.  I eventually got the items listed, but it felt like a huge waste of time doing something that should be so simple!!

Again, I understand that the MP is undergoing some major changes, but that is no excuse for the website to be bogged down to the point that I cannot even upload new items.  This is potentially costing me sales, and LL their alotted comission.  My customers are not getting the benefit of easy access to my products either.  This is definately a lose-lose-lose situation all around!  You would think LL would be rectifying these situations for their benefit and ours.

JohnMiddlefield wrote:

It is time for Rodvik to start cleaning house, I believe, and the sooner the better.

I just hope upper management at the lab has not already concluded that SL is a failed/failing product to let die quietly while they cannibilize its resources in attempt to build more effective VC lures.

They'd never admit it but the marketplace is essentially broken (200+ jiras and more to come) and it's impossible to fix it all. Not now, not in years. It never worked as promised in 2010 or as Xstreet and It's a LIE when they say they can fix it all !!

But as long as THEY are not in the red with their wannabe e-commerce project, it will remain this way. No matter if merchants are in the red. The Lab can easily cope with it.

The question is, how patient is the vast majority of merchants? How long are they willing to wait? I think we all know LL's poor and unprofessional working methods. So the future of MP is pretty uncertain.

"It is time for Rodvik to start cleaning house, I believe, and the sooner the better".

I think that's the root of the problem. That Rodvik 'cleaned house' and unwittingly threw out the kitchen sink and the baby with the bath water as well in the process and now we findeth it empty, swept, and garnished to our detriment. hehe ;-)

"It is time for Rodvik to start cleaning house, I believe, and the sooner the better".

I think he may finally have begun to do that just in the last month or so.

A lot of what you're seeing at this point is probably due to his failure to remove one specific person on 13 September.

Josh Susanto wrote:

I think he may finally have begun to do that just in the last month or so.

A lot of what you're seeing at this point is probably due to his failure to remove one specific person on 13 September.

Given the extent of the MP problems, are we giving incompetence too much credit, and that perhaps the MP was sabotaged?

This is not that I love to gossip or anything like that, but if anyone has something bad to say about someone, please come and sit down beside me and let me hear it all.:matte-motes-big-grin:

I speak from the perspective of someone supporting her family partly with marketplace sales, to LL: Do not pull the plug. A broken marketplace is better than none. Want a bigger cut? Fine with me. Half of something is better than all of nothing.

Just don't pull the plug.

>Given the extent of the MP problems, are we giving incompetence too much credit, and that perhaps the MP was sabotaged?

I wouldn't say "sabotaged", exactly. 

I would say "designed and implemented to gradually produce a condition of lesser utility, specifically to eliminate Xstreet as a perceived detriment to land revenues, but while doing the legal minimum necessary to appear to continue providing something like the service which Xstreet provided". 

Given that enough people now either suspect this or suspect something appreciably similar, it should probably occur to Rodvik that even the appearance of such is a potentially dangerous thing to allow to continue, regardless of who is really responsible for creating this perception or why.

That is: his choices at this point are either to fix the marketplace or to draw more and more suspicion onto LL by not fixing it. 

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
Given the extent of the MP problems, are we giving incompetence too much credit, and that perhaps the MP was sabotaged?

I wouldn't say "sabotaged", exactly. 

I would say "designed and implemented to gradually produce a condition of lesser utility,
specifically to eliminate Xstreet as a perceived detriment to land revenues,
but while doing the legal minimum necessary to appear to continue providing something like the service which Xstreet provided". 

Given that enough people now either suspect this or suspect something appreciably similar, it should probably occur to Rodvik that even the appearance of such is a potentially dangerous thing to allow to continue, regardless of who is really responsible for creating this perception or why.

That is: his choices at this point are either to fix the marketplace or to draw more and more suspicion onto LL by not fixing it. 

Yet, the latest "innovation" that seems to have caused the majority of the most recent problems, was the initiation of Direct Delivery, which in and of itself, if working well, will cause even further erosion of land revenues. Methinks the Linden gods be madder than hatters.

> which in and of itself, if working well, will cause even further erosion of land revenues. 

Which they could worry about if DD were somehow accidentally deployed without creating a bunch of other problems, or at least first coded in order to support breedables, etc.

With the planned box shutoff, the DD deployment would actually be a further downgrade in Marketplace service. 

Please note that the box shutoff date continues only to be extended, not canceled.

The boxes aren't working very well atm. I'm still using the box for one-of-a-kind items like my Wyrmwood Fairy Eggs. However, suddenly, the box is not synching properly with the unassociated items page. I had 80 items in the box and it only ever saw 52 of them no matter what I did. I've tried using both types of boxes. I currently am at the stage of starting with a fresh box and added one item to the box. It's not showing in the unassociated items page. It does show in the registered servers page. It seems to be only certain fairy eggs that are doing this. There's no rhyme or reason though as to which eggs are doing it. Or not doing it as the case is. I've gone through a number of trouble shooting steps as listed in another thread here. The only one I'm still waiting on, I think, is a complete sim restart. Can't even upload an egg using the DD method. This is getting very frustrating. 

> However, suddenly, the box is not synching properly with the unassociated items page.

I hear you on that, but it's not actually a box problem.

A lot of things that we are being encouraged to think of as box problems are problems with things with which the box is connected, which otherwise have nothing to do with box function.

Moreover, what you describe is a problem which many of us with boxes have been having specifically since the very day that DD was deployed.

As coincidences go, I think we both know that I can show that to be the tip of the iceberg.

Someone still seems to be on a mission to convince you that the boxes, themselves, are defective.

They aren't defective, and that they can function perfectly if simply allowed to do so has been proven.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.