*** Imagine: A Case of Harassment

SaltyBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whole-heartedly agreed.

And exceedingly grateful to see that conglomeration of nonsense utterly removed.

It is important to note that we are our choices.

If we choose anger, we are angry.

If we choose aggression, we are aggressive.

If we choose insensitivty, we are insensitive.

If we choose irrationality, we are irrational.

If we choose hostility, we are hostile.

If we choose kindness, we are kind

If we choose gentleness, we are gentle.

If we choose empathy, we are empathetic.

If we choose to understand, we are understanding.

If we choose to pay attention, we are attentive.

All are valid emotions -and choices- each one having its own appropriate place, and time.

Bullying, especially the passive-aggressive form, has no place anywhere.

A person who is in emotional distress needs to be exposed to healthy choices, not reinforcement of unhealthy ones.

Dirtnap Mumfuzz wrote:

Whole-heartedly agreed.

And exceedingly grateful to see that conglomeration of nonsense utterly removed.

Bullying, especially the passive-aggressive form, has no place anywhere.

A person who is in emotional distress needs to be exposed to healthy choices, not reinforcement of unhealthy ones.

Thank you to the moderator.

And good luck to the OP - I hope you get the support you need, and the answers you seek. Again, re-read all advice given in this thread. 

One thing about OTR people do forget is that it might be encrypted for the client, but server side the logs are wide open.  it was a requirement for OTR to exist in the fashion it has or was.  

but OP,  mute and mvoe on is my advice,  The lab is not following you,  They have bigger fish to fry (mmm fish), there doing so much right now as others have said, the abuse reports are hitting a brick wall and not much moderation is being done in world.   So there not following you, they have no hand in this.

Check your attachments,  I wonder if your wearing something thats trackable and you do not realize it and these people who are finding you so easily are doing so because of something your wearing that's spitting out your location and chat back to a server they have out of SL.  

First of all, I'm really sorry this is happening, it sounds like a total pain.

I doubt it is a Linden doing this, I am thinking it is probably a malicious third party viewer (TPV). TPV's don't have to be on LL's list to connect to the grid, so basically anyone who knows some coding can make one. Once LL finds out about it they do block access from that viewer.

If you are not getting satisfaction through your AR's, suggest in your next one that you feel this person may be using a malicious TPV. LL can tell what viewer they log in with and can block it if this is what's happening.

Can you set your online status to show only to friends? I'm not sure if all viewers do that. Weed out your contacts, hide groups, and set to show online to friends only.

Lastly- if it turns out not to be a TPV, I would look into your internet security. Somehow this person knows when you log on and with what avi. They might have some sort of program to snoop on your activity. Actually, I would look into this right away, just to be sure.

SaltyBoy wrote:

My friends are you kidding? This has been going on for months and I am certain this is beyond a couple of people joking around because it's all the time and who has that much determination?

Seriously, who else would be listening to your chat and creating and destroying accounts based on it?

If the person harassing you knows things you've only told friends, chances are high it's one of your friends doing it. Much like most accounts are hacked because a trusted friend was given the password (and then promptly logged in and caused havoc). It's not easy to consider that someone you trust might do that to you, but it happens time and again. Not all people befriend others with the intention of an actual friendship. Some are just getting the information they need to use it against a person, because they think it's funny.

It is possible to narrow it down by looking at who knew which piece of information, until you reach the only person who knew all of it.

I couldn't make it all the way through the original post. Sorry. Those sentences were longer than my hair.

In this persons profile, the photo I noticed was uploaded from an alt of there's (phoenix provides you with the upload username, which was just 9 days old)

Oh really now. That sounds amazingly intrusive. That sounds like a tool with which others can tell who is who on an alt. Not only does most of Second Life not know about this, but Linden Lab has apparently done nothing about it.

I don't like TPV and that is why.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.