Child avatar visiting house. TOS breach?

giovannidellabella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

My friend owns a mature sim and we have a friend who plays as a child avatar (age verified) play at our house from time to time. Our house is in a private skybox above the land and thus we have our beds with sex engines in them in our bedrooms. We also have a treehouse for the child to play in outside of our house. It has been brough to our attention that having a child avatar around sex engines might be a breach of TOS, but we do not engage in any sexual activity with or around this child avatar nor do we permit him to use any of the adult content or sex engines. Does this breach the LL policy on ageplay, and if so what options do we have to make our house compliant? Would appreciate a LL staff member to give advice.

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks all for the quick responses, this is my first post here, and did not realize Lindens do not visit here. What would be the best manner to contact LL regarding this matter? We do not have any "hard sex toys" laying around our house, just two plain beds.

12 answers to this question

We can't tell you for sure if it will violate the TOS. We're not Lindens here, just residents like you. It's my opinion that if you're in a skybox it's unlikely that anyone will know except the people you invite up there. HOWEVER, it might be best if that person used a non-child avatar for that situation (maybe one of the base ones so they don't have to spend money). 

You won't get a response from a Linden here.  This is a resident-to-resident forum.  Lindens never come here.

You appear to be on shaky ground, so be very careful.  Paraphrasing here......the Age Play Policy says that placing avatars that look like minors anywhere near sex equipment is a violation of Community Standards.

The best advice is probably the bottom line in that same policy: (again, paraphrasing ....) If you have to ask if you should be doing it, please don't.

ETA: I hate paraphrasing.   Please read the policy yourself and see what it really says.  :smileywink:

Agree that we cannot comment on actual TOS; you can reread of course and decide for yourself.

Meanwhile another option might simply be to "pick up" your sex stuff before the child comes over. If you think about it, that is what most of us (assuming we had sex toys around) would do before a youngster comes over to visit and play. If you have one of the viewers that let you replace easily (Firestorm and many third party viewers do) then you can simply right click the object that you previously took and choose "restore to previous position" or whatever similar text might be. That would be a very simple way to solve the issue.

Again, please note that we are not supposed to quote from those official pages. We can ONLY link to those LL pages.

Find the text at the top in the gray box  :D

[screenshot deleted in case "that" might be info we are also not supposed to copy *wink*.]

We cant copy and paste from the official knowledge base to the official forums? I call bs.

Not at you, Ms Aeon, I mean, that sounds ridiculous, yes I saw the grey box, but we have been copying and pasting for years, and even getting Linden Kudos on it, well, before they abandoned us.

What will happen if we do copy and paste? My guess is nothing.

My understanding of the rule, from when it used to be discussed at Blondin Linden's office hours, is that it's aimed at keeping child avatars out of sex clubs and the like.   A bed, to my mind, is not normally a "sexualised object" unless someone's using it, or at least fired up the poseballs.

Put it like this; I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be in breach of the ToS if a child avatar were to wander through a furniture store on a M-rated sim that happened to sell sex beds as part of the stock, and still less can I credit that a child avatar would be in breach of the ToS if she or he were in the shoe store next door, which seems to me a more analogous situation.

For heaven's sake, think of RL -- no one, I hope, would find it particularly sinister that parents allow their children and their children's friends to play in the garden, or even inside the house, despite the fact the marital bed is on the same property.

• Like 1

This is not a breach of SL TOS. Child avatars are allowed in homes with sexgen beds in them, as long as NO one is using them while the child is there. I have been a child avatar since 2007 and know the rules quite well as read as have read TOS many times and talked with a few Linden's in depth with this matter. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.