male underwear?

squashy Beeswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, i'll put this as delicately as i can.  I'm in a well known male underwear store (I don't know if i'm allowed to name the store or not).   

On the promo pics of boxer shorts etc., there's a distinct bulge which i do not think is drawn on.  However, when i click on the box containing the merchandise,  there are only clothing layers. 

Can one can get male underwear with a prim bit that goes on top or underneath the clothing layer?  I had an idea that one could. 

I'm trying to find something realistic looking for my partner.  Thanks.

Yes there is underwear out there with a prim bulge...I believe Vitamen and Jungle wear may carry them....what you are seeing on the posters is a combination of setting up the "bulge" factor in the shape and maybe a little photoshopping.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Do a search (while logged in and having adult enabled) on the Marketplace and type "Bulge" there are a lot of items in the result then you can go visit the in-world stores of the ones you like. I would paste some links on here from MP but the mods seem to get their panties up in a bunch if we post anything they deem offensive, heck even the word "bulge" might get us censored. 

Ian Undercroft wrote:

To my eye, the prim bulges never really seem to work, especially in side profile. Rather than giving a....errr...."healthy, masculine" look, they make guys look like they have a hernia. The illusive bulge in SL seems something best left to painting/shading.

LOL that's very true! ahaha

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Men have a "dufflebag" slider in their appearance settings that takes care of the bulge.

They DO?  This is news to me.  So why is it they don't use it?  Is it for the same reason that so many men in SL don't wear shoes?  I.E., too complicated, lazy, etc.

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Men have a "dufflebag" slider in their appearance settings that takes care of the bulge.

They DO?  This is news to me.  So why is it they don't use it?  Is it for the same reason that so many men in SL don't wear shoes?  I.E., too complicated, lazy, etc.

More likely, they just aren't aware of it.

I have to correct myself. The slider is called "package", and ranges from "coin purse"  to "duffle bag". The Lindens do have humor.

package.jpg

They used to have, a long time ago when they wrote that part of the code. But I think the reason that slider isn't used much is because the avatar mesh in that area is so awful it totally ruins the texture of whatever you're wearing. And I second the suggestion for Jungle Wear. I think Subversion have bulge underwear too but I'm not 100% certain without logging in and checking.

ETA: This thread is meaningless without pictures.

Thank you Ishtara for posting that.  I didn't know that was there either.

One thing that I am hoping, but it's probably a pipe dream, is that with the introduction of mesh there will be new Avatar shapes and possibilities.  That I will no longer need to wear a prim attachmnent but that my 'growth' will actually appear natural. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.