Jump to content

Zim Gunsberg

Resident
  • Content Count

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Zim Gunsberg

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Just finished this one yesterday. Hope y'all like it
  2. Venus Petrov wrote: Wow Zim. You have Val fanning herself and Dres offering to hang you (in many ways). All I can say is thank you for (finally) posting! Do not be a stranger in these parts. /me smiles Thanks! Glad you like the pic :smileyvery-happy: I will try not to be a stranger :smileyhappy:
  3. Dresden Ceriano wrote: I'm right with you. I want that hung on my bedroom wall. ...Dres (and the picture as well... lol.) hehehe :matte-motes-evil-invert:
  4. /me blushes :smileyvery-happy: tyty
  5. Venus Petrov wrote: Great shots, everyone! I would love to see more men post here. Surely, there are one or two that have some vanity? Here's mine :smileyhappy:
  6. leliel Mirihi wrote: Zim Gunsberg wrote: Sorry, I'm not buying the your argument either. We'll just have to agree to disagree until LL steps in and says "this is right and this is wrong". To my way of thinking, aping RL aesthetics in a non-real world is far lazier than ignoring RL constraints and creating a new aesthetic. Any way you slice it, what you are doing is attempting to force others to adopt your own aesthetic, which is just as bad as what you are accusing the "giants" and "amazons" of doing. Once again I think you're missing the point. How do I know you are one of the people that want to be a giant, instead of being one of those people that say they're not tall even tho the look like they are. There is only one way to tell and that is to compare you to something with a mutually agreed upon height. Hence the uniform scale where 1m = 1m. In other words how am I supposed to know you are going against RL aesthetics when we can't agree on how high a prim is? Oh I'm fully aware that I'm 7'6" tall, my AV just doesn't look quite right on my 22" screen (with a 1920 x 1080 resolution) if it's any smaller. 1m = 1m, I'm not one of those magic formula guys. When I go to clubs I'm usually one of the shortest guys in the room, but it doesn't really bother me. I found that maximum bootyliciousness was achieved (for me) at a height of 7'6". :smileyhappy:
  7. leliel Mirihi wrote: Zim Gunsberg wrote: I don't believe I've ever met you, much less said you looked like a child. I don't believe I said you had either. That was an example. A push towards a uniform scale is a push towards stifling the creativity of those who opt not to be fettered by the bounds of the 'real world' or forced to slavishly recreate what is real in a vitrual creative space. How so, specifically? I'll say it once again, I don't care if you want to make your avatar or your buildings big for whatever reason. Just don't judge my lack of height because of it, and don't be surprised when I comment on how ridiculously large they look (to me). I think you are failing to understand what I'm saying, uniform scale means 1 meter = 1 meter, not all avatars should be 1.7 meters. If you want to be 10' tall that means you're 10' tall, not 6' tall in some world where 1 meter = 1.5 meters. In other words be 10' tall if you want, just don't pretend to not be due to some BS about creativity. In fact how can you even call that being creative? Dali and Escher were creative because they broke scale and perspective in very specific ways. This mind set of "eh I'm X tall because I say I am" smacks of laziness to me, not creativity. Sorry, I'm not buying your argument either. We'll just have to agree to disagree until LL steps in and says "this is right and this is wrong". To my way of thinking, aping RL aesthetics in a non-real world is far lazier than ignoring RL constraints and creating a new aesthetic. Any way you slice it, what you are doing is attempting to force others to adopt your own aesthetic, which is just as bad as what you are accusing the "giants" and "amazons" of doing.
  8. leliel Mirihi wrote: Zim Gunsberg wrote: To the OP: SL isn't real life, and never was intended to be. Once LL takes away the ability to teleport and fly and institutes the requirement of feeding one's avatar every 6 hours or so I might begin to take the rants of the realism-obsessed seriously. Oh yes, and perma-death on combat sims. That is a must. Who am I? oh, just some naughty giant 7'6" horribly out of proportion guy, that's all :smileywink: I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. I don't care if you want to be 10' tall giant, just so long as you don't say I look like a child because I'm 5'4". I can't speak for everyone but for me the push to a uniform scale is not to make everyone the same size but instead to get the giants to except the fact that they're giant. I'm tired of people that say nothing in sl is real so their height doesn't matter then turn around and say I'm a child because of my height. That's blatant hypocrisy. I don't believe I've ever met you, much less said you looked like a child. A push towards a uniform scale is a push towards stifling the creativity of those who opt not to be fettered by the bounds of the 'real world' or forced to slavishly recreate what is real in a vitrual creative space. This is not about you personally. If you honestly can't see this perspective, Mr Dali, Mr Picasso, and Mr Botero would like to have a few words with you. :smileywink:
  9. To the OP: SL isn't real life, and never was intended to be. Once LL takes away the ability to teleport and fly and institutes the requirement of feeding one's avatar every 6 hours or so I might begin to take the rants of the realism-obsessed seriously. Oh yes, and perma-death on combat sims. That is a must. Who am I? oh, just some naughty giant 7'6" horribly out of proportion guy, that's all :smileywink:
×
×
  • Create New...