Honored Resident
xRiViTx

Avatar's feet keep sinking into the ground

[ Edited ]

I just switched over to Firestorm from using Phoenix since I started playing back in March. Anywho, the Firestorm viewer is all well and good (less laggy, doesn't hack my soundcard to bits, etc), but, I'm having an issue where my feet are stuck in the ground. I tried a lot of different hotfixes including rebaking, complete character test, creating a new LSL bridge, and moving Firestorm's cache. I tried the Z-Modifier thing, but only I can see that and after I start walking, it doesn't work anymore.

Help?

Honored Resident
Roxy Couturier

Re: Avatar's feet keep sinking into the ground

Reply to xRiViTx - view message

Do you mean your sinking into the regular ground or into prim floors?

All my AV's will sink slightly into 'regular' ground, but not into prim floors unless the animation is wrong for the AV size.

Are you using a regular AO, Firestorm's built in AO or no AO at all?

A GD haiku:

Snowflakes fall loudly
Thin ice cracks and flows away
Silencing all
Kylie Jaxxon

Don't know if this will help....

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/fix-to-adjust-the-position-of-an-avatar-from-the-grou...

Come visit The Trace...we change with the seasons :smileyhappy:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Celestial%20Realm/42/138/26
Ariel Vuissent

This is a consistent issue with Firestorm. Which Firestorm are you using? The mesh beta has three different configurations. I use the Hybrid configuration, and here's how I fixed it there:

All the icons are at the bottom of the screen - magnifying glass for search, suitcase for inventory, etc. There's an icon with a big AO on it, and next to that is an icon with the Firestorm/Phoenix logo. Click that. It's a shortcut window, and on or near the bottom of that window is a height adjustor. Slide the bar to the right until your feet are on/slightly above the ground.

I'm no good with technical terms, so I don't know if this is the same as "Z-Modifier," but it works for me and has for everyone else I've talked to who has this problem with Firestorm. Don't know if other people see it; I haven't asked. I also don't know how to get to this any other way, just through that shortcut, but maybe somebody else will know.

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland"

Unless they've changed this, Firestorm used to require that you have RLV enabled in order for the avatar height offset to work. 

Some people think that relationships in SL are real...and some people pretend that they aren't.
Perrie Juran

Reply to Sylvia Tamalyn - view message

I did not need to have RLV enabled to use the height offset.

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

They must have fixed it after the first Beta version, because I do remember having to enable RLV after reading a JIRA stating that was the "fix" for the time being. Glad they did that...I don't mind having RLV enabled but I'm sure there are those who do. 

Some people think that relationships in SL are real...and some people pretend that they aren't.
JeanneAnne
Topics: 24

xRiViTx wrote:

I just switched over to Firestorm from using Phoenix since I started playing back in March. Anywho, the Firestorm viewer is all well and good (less laggy, doesn't hack my soundcard to bits, etc), but, I'm having an issue where my feet are stuck in the ground. I tried a lot of different hotfixes including rebaking, complete character test, creating a new LSL bridge, and moving Firestorm's cache. I tried the Z-Modifier thing, but only I can see that and after I start walking, it doesn't work anymore.

Help?

Try hitting the PageUP button on your keyboard.

Honored Resident
xRiViTx

I tried those things, but they didn't seem to work. I'm using the non-mesh version of Firestorm at the moment. I should also mention that when I turn my AO off, my feet kind of curl up and look deformed.. as if I were trying to sit in the air, but once I walk.. my feet revert back to normal; still sunk in the ground albeit.

Is there anything else I can try?

Jesica Dragovar

perhaps where you're going is just really muddy?