Bay City

Blondin Linden

Huzzah! A place for the city by the bay!

362209.jpg

From the wiki:

Bay City, introduced in the first half of 2008, was the latest block of city style sims. West of Nova Albion, Bay City has appeared as an attractive addition to the continent of Sansara on the main grid. A duplicate is also created for Teen Second Life, and has been merged with the Sansara land mass with the integration of same.

Bay City is reachable via standard teleport, or on the main grid by sailing the Straits of Shermerville, or traveling Route 66 from the Ahern or Nova Albion infohubs.

• Like 1

Here's a self-indulgent photo of myself inside my new Bay City music venue, The Listening Room.

Listening Room_007.png

I created The Listening Room primarily so I could have a place to play the music that I enjoy for friends, and also to have a place to draw online friends together (and out of multiple IM windows).

I had a amazingly well-received grand opening, and since then I've had several amazing DJs play here as well - including Gomi Mfume and Barely Texan.  I'm also encouraging several friends of mine with exceptional taste in music to join in the fun.  There's a board outside the club with scheduled events - it's all very informal and easy-going.

There's a link in my sig line below.  I hope you can come and visit one night!

I want to clear up some myths:

Bay City is alive and well.

Bay City has an active community.

Bay City is exceptionally productive for a Mainland community.

And last but not least:

If someone who claims they have 30,000 friends alleges I'm one of them, it isn't true. Not here OR on Facebook*.

*I bear the distinction of playing Café World with friends and not padding the game with strangers :)

Pic: Me love the Bay City Trolley.

bcwatertrolley.jpg

Marianne McCann wrote:

You said it! Proud of our community!

That's right :) an ever expanding family, and recently most literally now that Bay City Junior was attached. Now I am calling the PG regions Bay City West.

We should have a special party day when the new Mole Midway is ready. Any talk about that yet?

Holocluck Henly wrote:

We should have a special party day when the new Mole Midway is ready. Any talk about that yet?

I am *so* up for that. Working on some stuff for a mixer type party. We have the anniversary coming up to. I may have to poke moles about the timing on Weston/Oak Bluffs (if they know). Definitely up for a party.

Hey Folks! Got News? The new Bay City Post is gearing up for its first monthly publication. We’re looking for your events and other newsworthy items in and around Bay City. Please submit a notecard to Ever Dreamscape, or come visit our new office. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay%20City%20-%20Falconmoon/125/168/25

Submissions need to made one week before the end of each month. Extended deadline this month is Monday, 3-28-11. Thank you in advance for your participation!  Ever Dreamscape.

postpic_006sm.jpg

It really is pure accident that I found out about the westward extension of Bay City. It's not the forums which get a mention on the Dashboard page, not like in the old days, and it's not like in the old days when Michael Linden posted on new things such as this.

This new interface, and the new patterns of sub-forums, aren't helping me judge this, but it looks as if you Linden guys need to do a much better job of telling us about things,

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot wrote:

It really is pure accident that I found out about the westward extension of Bay City. It's not the forums which get a mention on the Dashboard page, not like in the old days, and it's not like in the old days when Michael Linden posted on new things such as this.

This new interface, and the new patterns of sub-forums, aren't helping me judge this, but it looks as if you Linden guys need to do a much better job of telling us about things,

Ya, sadly there isn't a Linden office hour for land now, or for LDPW, etc. Which is a real shame, iMO.

The Bay City Westside is the former Teen Grid Bay City, now joined up with the initial Main Grid version.

For those interested, particularly those who are in either end of Bay City, the Bay City Alliance (as I mentioned above) is having a garden party mixer event at the Bay City Fairgrounds on 2nd April, 2011, from 1-3 p.m. SLT. BennyThe Boozehound will be spinning big band and swing, and formal, mid-century garb is encouraged (but not required).

491967.jpg

Thanks to all who made it out to the city yesterday for our "East Meets West" mixer, the crowd was big and lively, and I think much fun was had. A true showing of the strength of our community.

492478.jpg

Thanks to LisaHot Juran, Ever Dreamscape, Molly Montale, BennyThe Boozehound and all who attended f'r makin' the event what it was. Also, kudos to Marx Dudek and Holocluck Henly for a pair of great follow-up parties later in the evening. 

It’s Unofficial! Thursdays are now Race Night in Bay City!

Hey all you rebel rousers… come join in the Thursday Night Rumble in Bay City! Races to start 7pm ish (SLT) and a slurl will be posted sometime in advance and just prior to the race. Courses will change ‘a course…and each week will be a different theme… i.e. boat, plane, car, etc. …Ok we’ll try to mix it up a bit that is. Plans are also in the works for a “Wild Card” week. So…come one, come all…come as you are and show off your need for speed. Prizes: winners….well all racers are winners of course…so let’s say …”survivors” to get well deserved bragging rights. Stay tuned for more info and get your best vehicles in gear. This week will be a Fly-in…and over… and all ‘round. Meet up at the Hau Koda airport. 

race_005.jpg

Hau Koda Airport