Styles & scripts (Blue Goo, Post Toast, etc.) for community.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To use the theme in Safari (tested on Mac), you do the following.

1. Open the Safari Extensions Gallery from the Safari menu and install the extension "User CSS 1.3.1"
  2. Open Preferences and the Extensions icon and Enable "User CSS 1.3.1"
  3. Close Preferences
  4. You will now have an A to the left of the + in the address bar. Press it and Safari will open "User CSS" in a new tab
  5. Click "New User CSS and fill in the form as follows:
  • Fill in a name i.e. "SL Community site"
  • In the Domain Includes fill in: http://community.secondlife.com/*
  • Paste in the Code from the Chrome install in the original link provided by the first post
  • Remove the 2nd line containing the code "@-moz-document domain("community.secondlife.com") {"
  • Remove the last line containing the code "}"
6. Click Save and then Enable
If all went right, you will now see the style applied to the forums. 

You are such a boon to us, Cerise. Is there a way to beg you for the preview hovertext in the forum lists? I miss that more than anything. The ability to hover over a link and see a snippet of the post is so handy, you don't have to open every single page to see if it is something you want to read.

Possible? I was so dependent on that.

Hi, there are a few tweaks in today's blue goo update, click the update thing in Stylish if you care about any of these.

• The white "Halo" shadow is gone on the usernames, replaced by a semitransparent white background. It is a little less kind to the badge images, but much easier to read the names.
  • Some page number and statistics text was the wrong color.
  • On some thread pages, long names collided with the sidebar when the font size was set to large. Now I plaster it over with a sidebar background [ that is what LL does too ].

Cerise wrote:

Hi, there are a few tweaks in today's blue goo update, click the update thing in Stylish if you care about any of these.

• The white "Halo" shadow is gone on the usernames, replaced by a semitransparent white background. It is a little less kind to the badge images, but much easier to read the names.
  • Some page number and statistics text was the wrong color.
  • On some thread pages, long names collided with the sidebar when the font size was set to large. Now I plaster it over with a sidebar background [ that is what LL does too ].

Cerise, I updated but I actually preferred the 'halo' thing....is it possible to go back to it? sorry. Blush.gif

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Cerise, I updated but I actually preferred the 'halo' thing....is it possible to go back to it? sorry.
Blush.gif

There is no really satisfying solution to that problem, is there? :smileysad: There is a feature on the userstyles site that can let features like this be optional at download time, I will add that next time, OK?

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Cerise, I updated but I actually preferred the 'halo' thing....is it possible to go back to it? sorry.
Blush.gif

There is no really satisfying solution to that problem, is there? :smileysad: There is a feature on the userstyles site that can let features like this be optional at download time, I will add that next time, OK?

Cool, you are so cool, thank you. :)

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Blush.gif

Done, you will get the halo back if you update now. :)

I decided not to use the userstyles.org optional feature thing, bcause it is not compatible with the update feature. Instead, there is one new tiny style for the semitransparent background, "community.secondlife.com - make username readable". This can be installed (or not) independently of the others.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Blush.gif

Done, you will get the halo back if you update now.
:)

I decided not to use the userstyles.org optional feature thing, bcause it is not compatible with the update feature. Instead, there is one new tiny style for the semitransparent background, "
". This can be installed (or not) independently of the others.

Yaay, thank you, thank you, thank you Cerise! You are suuuuper cool! Yes!.gif

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I don't have a
browser that this will work on. Does anyone have a screen shot of what this looks like so I can consider whether or not I want to switch?

Sure!

[ inline image removed, but there are "Before" and "after" shots on the download page. ]

Void Singer wrote:

A tweak to the preference page links would be most welcome, and the main tabs to show which was selected wouldn't be bad either =)

Hi, I don't know what the preferences tweak should be, so I added a little contrast to the tabs there. Can you tell me what links if those were not the ones?

The main tabs had interesting hooks to get the highlight. (must ... stay ... PG) Golly gee willikers, that sure was a pain in a horse's necktie! But it works now.

Kidd Krasner wrote:

I'm trying to understand the criteria for each of the new forums.  Why is the Blue Goo thread here and not in the Feedback forum?

These tools are really not feedback to LL, and none of the other categories fit, so Off Topic it was. Freedom from the points system was a factor too.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Kidd Krasner wrote:

I'm trying to understand the criteria for each of the new forums.  Why is the Blue Goo thread here and not in the Feedback forum?

These tools are really not feedback to LL, and none of the other categories fit, so Off Topic it was. Freedom from the points system was a factor too.

I understand where you're coming from.  From my perspective, while the tools may not be direct feedback, anything of the sort "I wish the style was like this and not like that" should be taken as feedback by LL, whether or not it was directed to them. 

On the other hand, as I reread the thread, I realize that the majority of posts are really support questions for Blue Goo, with only a minority being suggestions for improving the style.  So I must admit that your judgment for which forum was correct.

Today there is a little update to Blue Goo that makes the highlight feature work. You may have seen that on the post menus and wondered what it was supposed to do, well, it highlights!

Because it is 17 March I picked a light green background for highlighted posts. If that color scheme is hard to distinguish for anybody, let me know and I will try a different approach.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

(must ... stay ... PG)
Golly gee willikers, that sure was a pain in a horse's necktie! But it works now.

ROFLMAO!!! Maybe I'm just up too late but .. THAT has tears rolling down my face in laughter.

Thank you for the updates Cerise. (Are hugs a permitted form of gratitude in this new land, or must we simply wave and nod our appreciation now?)

I like the tab highlighting, good stuff =) as for the other part, here's a pic to show what I mean...

tweak.png

in the default theme the difference is greying the active preference/link

PS
I see what you mean about the main tabs.... individual targets for each? ::shakes head::

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.