Styles & scripts (Blue Goo, Post Toast, etc.) for community.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

FIrst up are styles, scroll down a little for scripts.

Hi, if you find that the new forum's color scheme is a little too bright, maybe try this one, Blue Goo.

If you would like to hide the text and bowling pins on avatar badges until you really want to see them, try the Badges Much Room style sheet.

If you find the dark username text hard to read on the badges, make usernames readable can help, but it does make the badges a little less pretty.

You can load each of these styles independently, just one or all three as you prefer.

Just like with the old styles for the Jive blogorum, these will work best with the Stylish add-on in Firefox and Chrome. If you use another browser that can import user styles, it could work for you too. At the download link above, the possiblities for other browsers are explained.

If I missed any elements and make them unreadable, let me know and I'll fix them.

If you use Greasemonkey, Chrome, or a compatible script system, you might want to try Post Toast for Lithium communities. This script will add post previews when you hver the mouse over their links. It also fixes a little glitch in the recent posts pages, so that answers show the whole thread instead of a single reply.

If you want to reply to the first post without moving to the first page of a forum thread, Thread reply button for Lithium communities adds a button for that at the bottom of each post page.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh.  So much more soothing on my eyes than bright white.  Just curious; is this done with a CSS style sheet and is it really hard to learn?  I'd love to play around with it and make one, too. 

Btw, I have noticed that there seems to be a bit of white shadowing around the names on the badges, making them just a bit hard to read (for my eyes, at least).  Otherwise, everything else looks great.  Good job!

Hi, yes it is CSS, there is a "Show Source" button on the download page where you can grab it and change things to a way you like better. Oh, and please feel free to share any cool changes, the more choices we have, the better!

Really I do not know how hard it is to learn CSS today! Good documentation was scarce when I had to learn how it worked, but that was a long time ago.

The white drop shadow was a compromise, I picked hard to read over impossible to read. A really legible version would cover up some of the badges, and I was reluctant to do that because people are doing interesting things with them.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Hi, yes it is CSS

Oh hell, that leaves me out in the cold. After taking class after class, I can't even script a disco ball to spin around in SL... I'm sure learning CSS is completely out of the question.

But that's alright... I can sure live with this theme. Again, many thanks.

...Dres

Hi, after you have stylish installed, did you go back to the userstyles.org site and install the theme? The userstyles.org download process will do the right thing, but only after you have Stylish installed and restarted the browser to activate it.

[ We do not need Greasemonkey for this one, but can use it as a slower alternative to Stylish. ]

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Hi, after you have stylish installed, did you go back to the userstyles.org site and install the theme? The userstyles.org download process will do the right thing, but only after you have Stylish installed and restarted the browser to activate it.

[ We do not need Greasemonkey for this one, but can use it as a slower alternative to Stylish. ]

Howdy, Cerise!

/me chuckles

No, I hadn't done that.  I have now, and it looks great!  Thank you very much!  :smileywink:

Thank you, thank you, a million thank yous! That is so much easier on the eyes! And after installing I discovered that I accidentally left a white layer active when saving the image for my badge that I meant to make transparent. I hadn't noticed on the white forum background. Now it's fixed. Yay!

OMG, Cerise!  Thank you SO MUCH!  I can't believe how quickly you did it!

I downloaded both Blue Goo and Badges Much Room, and it's an enormous improvement.  Lithium and LL should pay you for making the forum a better place.

It's first of all more readable -- so much easier on the eyes -- and it makes the avatars a lot cleaner and hides all that rank and post count jive.

The mouse-over display is just so clever!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.