Styles & scripts (Blue Goo, Post Toast, etc.) for community.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cerise wrote:

OK, preferences sub-tabs have a highlight now, and yes, some
evil melonfarmer
sneaked in an inline pixel offset for the big tabs :smileytongue:

that phrase was made all the funnier whith your post highlighted in contrast with your  signature lol

ETA:

and I meant to say thank you =)

Paladin Pinion wrote:

You are such a boon to us, Cerise. Is there a way to beg you for the preview hovertext in the forum lists? I miss that more than anything. The ability to hover over a link and see a snippet of the post is so handy, you don't have to open every single page to see if it is something you want to read.

Possible? I was so dependent on that.

Hi Paladin, thanks and sorry for the wait.

If you use Greasemonkey or a compatible script system, you might want to try Post Toast for Lithium communities. This script will add post previews when you hover the mouse over their links. It also fixes a little glitch in the recent posts pages, so that answers show the whole thread instead of a single reply.

The initial version is working on Lithosphere, Verizon, Barnes & Noble, Adult Swim and Second Life forums. It is not working yet on Comcast forums, others have not been tested so far.

So far I have only used this on Firefox 4. If it works on any other browsers then fine, but I cannot promise that there will be time to extend compatibility.

Cerise, you are the AWESOMEST! Thanks for the post previews and for all you've done to make the forum easier to use.

ETA: I had just upgraded to Firefox 4 about 10 minutes ago. Wish I had seen this sooner, I would have tested it in the old FF before I upgraded. But it's working beautifully for me in FF4.

Post Toast is already updated today, since I had to stay awake tonight.

• More flexible URL parsing, so things like "highlight" and post move links can get previews too.
  • More error reporting, deleted posts and permission errors won't be mysteries now.
  • Messed around a little with layout, made the text a little bigger and images shrink to fit etc.
  • Some menus and kudos buttons got previews, those are suppressed now.
  • Added some event goop to catch KB refreshes when you change the filters.

Oh yes, and it will not be working on Comcast forums, they decided to restrict access to posts in XML format. Maybe somebody else will feel like scraping the HTML to get them the hard way.

And adding because I forgot, it runs OK on Firefox 3.6.15.

test1
test2
test3
test4
test5
test6

Now that we have the "Thread Reply" button (thank you!) .. can you replicate the Board Buttons (Answers, Forums, Blogs and Knowledge Base) down there too? There's lots of times that I've read the last post on the last unread thread in the particular forum I'm in, and I want to go back to the full Forums list (or one of the other main boards). I'm just TOO lazy to go back to the top of the page. (And stop chucking at me. We both know the best software is designed by the laziest people .. and written by the hardest working. 8^) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm bumping this old thread because many people newer to the Forum may not be aware of the various add ons, etc, that can make the Forum more useful.

If there are other add ons or plug ins you use add them to the list.

Enjoy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.