The return of the 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When the new CEO took over, everyone was given a free pink Cadillacs and their own homestead sim for a year!  Then there was the invasion from IMVU who tried to stage a coupe but were driven off easily by flying freenis brigades.  The bot armies of the early to mid 2010's eventually got together in a hive mind way and became self aware.  However the bot-queen was so distraught because of the lag (it took her 3 hours just to say "do I have a soul" because her sim kept crashing) that she self terminated after saying something about not even getting any fish.

And Mesh bodies.

That's about it :) 

Welcome back!

The most game-changing in-world improvement, I think, was the introduction and the following widespread of mesh - Second Life looks beautiful now, however, to stay competitive on the creators market, one has to learn much more than working with prims, because prim items and system layer clothes fail any possible competition. You may want to update the wardrobe - it's worth it. Mesh is beautiful.

Shopping events are the residents' favourite pastime now - those are basically where many brands rent a booth and offer no more than a few items at the moment of time, so residents can get acquainted with many apparel brands at one location. Very convenient. New ones appear every other month. Second Life Destination Guide has the separate category for those since very recently.

The number of active users is on decline, rarely going higher than 50,000 users loggen on at the same time in-world. The Grid looks barren, the regions are empty most of the time. Adult regions do not seem to have that problem.

The new CEO, Ebbe Altberg, strives for receiving the regular feedback from the users, answering to their questions as frequently as once in 2-3 months at the events such as LabChat and SLB Community Celebration. His aspiration for the consistent dilogue with the users is inspiring. Look up LabChat on YouTube to get the idea.

Good luck exploring the brand new Grid!

KayT wrote:, because prim items and system layer clothes fail any possible competition.

this is simply not true, and not right.

There is a LOT very well made prim and layer clothest available..

And you simply ignore the fact the ALL appliers for mesh are nothing else than layered clothes.

There's a lot of crap in the mesh market, if you'r on a LL viewer you'll see them... the jellebabies... ALL louzy made mesh and overly scripted, thousends of polygons mesh stuff.

You are probably correct.  I was gone for 4 years as well but I came back last year.

I didn't really leave, you know.  I just hadn't logged on in a while.

Anyway, traffic bots were just starting their purge when I was on before but you could still easily find rooms everywhere full of poor AFK newbie avatars.  It was quite sad looking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.