Thank you Mister Representative Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

What's he on about? Well, he's some sort of performance artist. German. The name probably wouldn't mean much to me, frankly, as I'm not really up on contemporary performance art. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer Shakespeare myself. I didn't realise somebody had hijacked his thread. That's a shame. Some people just don't appreciate art.

I didn't mean that someone hijacked his first thread. I meant that, in his first thread, he wanted people to write garbage in other people's threads that's nothing to do with the other threads. He specifically didn't want people writing the garbage in his first thread. Then he was going to go looking for the garbage posts and 'perform' in the other threads. In other words, he wanted people to use other threads for his craziness - hijack the other threads.

Mister Phil Deakins I think you understand sarcasm the same as Mister Representative Linden. Do not be too tense.

Knot

Perrie Juran wrote:

Did I miss another orgy? 

I need to stop staying up so late at night.

It is OK MIster Don Juran because the orgy is this week after the giant chess game with Vampires and Goreans nevertheless the orgy is for spectators not chess pieces. You must wear a mask to be anonymous and not wear a tattoo saying your name or telephone number on your skin. Please bring a bottle.

Knot

Phil Deakins wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

What's he on about? Well, he's some sort of performance artist. German. The name probably wouldn't mean much to me, frankly, as I'm not really up on contemporary performance art. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer Shakespeare myself. I didn't realise somebody had hijacked his thread. That's a shame. Some people just don't appreciate art.

I didn't mean that someone hijacked his first thread. I meant that, in his first thread, he wanted people to write garbage in other people's threads that's nothing to do with the other threads. He specifically didn't want people writing the garbage in his first thread. Then he was going to go looking for the garbage posts and 'perform' in the other threads. In other words, he wanted people to use other threads for his craziness - hijack the other threads.

Oh. I did not read it that way at all. I thought he invited all to post random stuff to his 'performance' OP and then he would reply with something random and witty (if possible). Just a lighthearted 'roleplay' kinda thread, as we have had before. Harmless in my opinion. An acquired taste, yeah...

He specifically said, several times, that the garbage was to be written in other people's threads and not in his original thread, and he would find it in the other threads and "perform".

I saw one such post. Somebody, who had posted in his original thread, posted a genuine response to something in another thread, whereupon he replied to that post, saying that the performance is over, presumably because some Linden had told him to stop it. He imagined that the person's post was meant for him. He wanted to "perform" his so-called "work of art" all over the forum, basically hijacking the whole forum for it.

Phil Deakins wrote:

He specifically said, several times, that the garbage was to be written in other people's threads and not in his original thread, and he would find it in the other threads and "perform".

I saw one such post. Somebody, who had posted in his original thread, posted a
genuine response
to something in another thread, whereupon he replied to that post, saying that the performance is over, presumably because some Linden had told him to stop it. He imagined that the person's post was meant for him. He wanted to "perform" his so-called "work of art" all over the forum, basically hijacking the whole forum for it.

Mister Phil Deakins please can you show me the post you think is a "genuine response" so I can learn from my experience or perhaps you can learn from my experience too. I think that if I perform my congratulations to every stupid post in the forums I would die very soon because I would not be having time to eat or drink.

If you think you are helping with my performance here then please stop because Mister Linden says he does not like abuse posts.

Knot

Melita Magic wrote:

So, Mr. Knotter. Is your name an aural pun? Are you not a blog fan?

Perhaps you can make your own sausage mill. I hear Sweeney Todd wrote a nice cookbook.

Miss Melita Magic I did not mean to make a joke with my name. I like internet diaries and Knotter was my Spitzname when I worked in England a long time ago but it is what I am called even now I return to Germany. I think my name means I am mad enthusiastic about internet writing which is true.

I think Tim Burton is a great auteur but I think he made mistakes with Sweeney Todd even with great artistes.

Knot

Knotter Blogfan wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

I saw one such post. Somebody, who had posted in his original thread, posted a
genuine response
to something in another thread, whereupon he replied to that post, saying that the performance is over, presumably because some Linden had told him to stop it. He imagined that the person's post was meant for him. He wanted to "perform" his so-called "work of art" all over the forum, basically hijacking the whole forum for it.

Mister Phil Deakins please can you show me the post you think is a "genuine response" so I can learn from my experience or perhaps you can learn from my experience too. I think that if I perform my congratulations to every stupid post in the forums I would die very soon because I would not be having time to eat or drink.

If you think you are helping with my performance here then please stop because Mister Linden says he does not like abuse posts.

Knot

You should be able to find your own easily enough. You should know which threads you posted in, so do your own looking for it. But the best way to learn from your mistakes is to stop all this childish stuff in the forum.

I have no intention of helping with your "performance". You don't need any help - or maybe you do because I haven't seen anything from you that would remotely resemble a "performance". Actually, I have seen such things from you - everything you've written - but, as you said, Mr. Linden doesn't like abusive posts, so I can't tell you what I really think, even though the truth is never abusive..

Phil Deakins wrote: You should be able to find your own easily enough. You should know which threads you posted in, so do your own looking for it.

I can find no posts. Bravado on your nihilistich performance of making posts with no point with no evidence but I must tell you again that Mister Linden does not like these posts and you will trouble him greatly to continue.

Phil Deakins wrote: the truth is never abusive.

Bravado again Mister Phil Deakins! You are a Meisterlebenskünstler! You say something with great power that even a small child knows is false. I think you are like my friend Dirk Huelstrunk who can make nonsense with great words when he makes the letters in a different order.

Again, thank you for making contribution to the performance but it tires now and Mister Linden may not be amused.

Knot

Phil Deakins wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Oh, but he didn't say "garbage". I'm sure he didn't. I remember him talking about humiliation, about masochism, I believe. I thought it was quite an interesting idea - playing with what has become the accepted register of human interaction on the Internet, where every expression of self is akin to locking oneself into public stocks and allowing the masses (acting as a unified group in the RL circumstances of a public humiliation/punishment, ergo, without individual identity)  faceless and nameless, thanks to Internet anonymity, to assume the role of "punisher". Virtual interaction - so exceedingly modern, as a reintepretation of the methods of discipline in medieval societies, in which the community en masse is used as an instrument to chastise and humiliate those who dare to disregard the accepted norms. A voice which raises itself outside the chorus is silenced by tacit agreement by those who fall into line voluntarily to follow and enforce rules which, ironically, could in actual fact be disregarded and overthrown due to the sheer numbers of those masses, and yet who, time and time again, submit to the diktats of the "overlords" and ensure the continuation of the balance of power - minority over majority.

He also mentioned Ionesco. I don't think we can disregard the significance of this reference in relation to a virtual society in which absurdity is omnipresent. I'd go further - had Ionesco had the opportunity to explore SL, I think he would have been overwhelmed by instances of banality and absurdity, especially in consideration of the fact that this realm, in theory, offers the utmost liberty of expression and creativity and yet so often bears witness to the fact that humanity will "turn the telescope around" and time after time, look at the magic which human life is through the wrong end.

My sensation is that Knotter, rather than creating artforms within SL, was aiming at encouraging us to see SL and ourselves as the artform.

Knotter Blogfan wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote: You should be able to find your own easily enough. You should know which threads you posted in, so do your own looking for it.

I can find no posts.

Perhaps you deleted it, or perhaps it was deleted for you. Or you seem to have a very selective memory.

Phil Deakins wrote:

He said that it doesn't even have to make sense. My understanding of that is "garbage".

If everything that does not make sense is garbage, then is it the garbage that you define as such or as I define it as such?  I may not be able to make sense of some posts, but does that mean they are garbage?

It may be another perspecitve,perhaps, and one so deep that my tired mind may not grasp it initially in all of it's profound wonder.

Calling such a thing garbage is a bit harsh.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

LlazarusLlong wrote:

My daughter has recently developed an interest in musical theatre, as I discovered when I asked her why she was prancing about in her jammies singing "Try a little priest".

Don't even ask why I was reading this thread.

Especially don't ask why I thought it was worth a necropost.

Why did you think it was worth a necropost?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.