Random Asked Question 6: Profiling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My profile is a mess.  The first page is how I want it but all the picks are outdated.  I cleaned it up a little and purged some drama-bait but it looks ... messy.

When you are reading someone's profile and picks, what do you like to see?  I have a good idea on what to avoid -- disclaimers, threats, cut and paste poetry ((ok, one that means something to you, sure but 10 pages of bad poetry is TL;DR)), etc) -- but what do you enjoy seeing?  Do you remember seeing one recently that was particularity amusing or poignant? 

Something that gives me a handle on the person and a way of starting a conversation, like:

"Does your mother know you stay up this late and talk to strange people on the internet?"

or

"When you say you like intellegent [sic] people does that mean you hate yourself?"

or

"Do you say you are a switch because you are indecisive in real life as well"

or

well, you get the idea.

Alec - to use people's words against them

Random nonsense. If the random nonsense has a healthy dollop of jolly silly stuff, then so much the better.

Any quotes should be entirely fictional and pointless and attributed to either a taxi driver called Big Phil; " I had that bloke from Masterchef in my cab the other day; he couldn't peel a banana", or a hairdresser called Sharon, " Leave it, Darren. He's not worth it"    

First thing I look at is if it's even filled out, if it's not and they are not a noob then I'm not interested in reading a blank book, I get so many IMs from random strangers trying to hit on me I don't even take time to respond to people with blank profiles any more.  I do a lot of RP in adult sims to me a blank profile just say dose not RP well, just looking for sex.  This mostly seems to be a problem with men. 

Next I look for RP limits and sexual origination, then any interest or background story for any thing to start a conversation from.

Some thing funny is all ways a good way to get my attention.

Things in profiles that I don't like to see are RL pictures in the SL profile , and rude text in the profile like "If you don't ^%$^^ do web cam then I don't have time for you %^&^"  I have no use for talking to people like that.

One that really made me laugh, and I'm not sure if it was intended that way, was a guy that IM me with the usual "hi sexy your hot."  To me that just sounds like a broken record, so I look at his profile and sure enough he has a broken record as his profile image, rofl. 

on my profile I have "am afk a lot so if i dont answer then sorry ok"

works pretty good

like i get hardly any random IMs now. has been since forever now. when/if i ever do then I mostly just ignore it. bc i am afk and i already said sorry about that

(:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.