Help! The Marketplace doesn't deliver.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought some stuff on the Marketplace recently. Even though it took my money and said that the items were delivered, nothing has ever arrived. Sooo.... I've had to write to each vendor in turn asking for a redelivery. Is the Marketplace completely broken now? Should we just treat it like a humungous catalogue and then TP over to their in-world shop?

Yes, unfortunately, LL has totally ignored all the Marketplace issues and it's pretty much completely broken now. You are LUCKY if it works. In the mornings (Midnight to 5am SLT) deliveries basically don't occur at all but may eventually show up hours later. I have not had a delivery take less than 2 hours if purchased in the early morning hours for many months. I've had to put a warning on my marketplace listings because of this.

As a shopper I've had two failed deliveries in the last month, and one failed transaction(when the item never delivers but the money is ultimately returned). This has been a trend for me, for some time. I don't consider it luck, it would be luck if it were an occasional experience. But yes, for some the marketplace has been a bit of a bear. Despite that, however, I still run into more people who have less issues, so it can't be all that bad(not to mention you're not likely to hear from folks who are *not* having issues, lol, so they may seem to be a smaller number).

As a seller I have not had a true failed delivery since June. I did have a few customers say the items never arrived, but every single one of them later let me know they did indeed arrive(hours later, and for one two days later which was quite random). I see some partially failed deliveries as a seller, but it's never *my products in their cart that failed to deliver, it's always some other part.(which is why I recommend you only buy one thing at a time, not multiple, always be logged in when purchasing and ready to accept, and such, it can help cut down on some of the issues, not all, but some). The cart can often times be the biggest issue, buying multiple items just increases your chance at failed deliveries.

Marketplace definitely has it's issues and sometimes the failed or extreeeeeemly slow deliveries seem way worse than other times(like the folks having issues with overnight stuff right now). But it still can be a very valuable tool. I still use it, frequently. In-world shopping isn't all it's cracked up to be either. They both have flaws, some minor, some major. You can have failed deliveries inworld just as much as buying off MP. You also have other things to contend with, with inworld shopping. So what works for one won't likely work for another.

Personally, I don't like shopping in new stores inworld(ones I've never been to that is). Too many people haven't a clue what they're doing and take absolutely no one else into account when building their locations. So it makes me extremely cautious. Not to mention I am noticing a trend with folks including slurls to the item, which take me to a forced landing point..which more often than not leads me to leaving and not purchasing before I even move. I hate those stupid things, lol. A slurl should take you at least NEAR the product it's for, not half a sim away at the pretty trees by the front door because the creator spent days working on decor and NEEDS you to see it. (/end rant...forced landing points annoy me :P). There are actually a lot of things that will turn me away from shopping inworld these days. Never used to be, but I am running into less people that, well, care to take their customers and *their* experience into account. It bothers me enough that marketplace-even despite it's issues,is still my main place for purchasing.

while some people have mentioned that they simply go in-world to buy things that they see in the marketplace, that only works when purchasing items for yourself.  having recently returned to sl after a few years off, i'm very disappointed to see  that most vendors' items are non-transferrable and the only way to purchase things for friends is through the marketplace.  funny thing about that is, the majority of my delivery failures are items i purchased as gifts.  so i see a problem and an issue.  i'm sure that once sufficient effort is put towards fixing the delivery issues they will be resolved, but what's up with the rigid stance that vendors have towards customers' use of their product once they've collected their Lindens?  is giving in SL frowned upon nowadays?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.