you can find a ava on the map if you are not in the world

Ryo026

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

can I find a friend Ava in sl when I myself am not in sl?
and see and at what Sim he is?
and if so how do I do that?

I just want to know how a known me my ava in sl can see if it is not logged in sl and also is not in my friend list and but no cards considerate of me she has always exactly I know on which sim me staying and me place?
and see no nachzu on the web page of sl!

5 answers to this question

If she is not in your Friends list, she cannot know your location, although she CAN very easily tell whether or not you are logged on.

However, it's usually possible to track someone down, with a little detective work.  Let's say I see that you are on line.  I know where you live, and some of the places you generally like to hang out.  I teleport to those places and look for you in People/Nearby.  I can see the names of anyone within about 4000m, which covers a pretty wide area.  If i don't see your name in the list, I just teleport to the next place you are likely to be found, and check People/Nearby again.

Or if I know some of your friends, I can IM them and ask if they have seen you.

If I have given you a gift to wear, and placed a locator script in it, it can tell me where you are.  If you have allowed me to rez objects on your land, I can place a spy prim that will tell me when you are in that region.  If you use a third party viewer that supports RLV functions, and you have enabled RLV, I may be able to tell where you are, and even force teleport you to my location, depending on what permissions you've granted to me.

All of these things require that your stalker be logged in.  However, she does not have to be logged in as the avatar you know.  She might be logged in with another account, an "alt".  When she sees you are online, she logs off the alt and logs in as the avatar you know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.